ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track day suspension (KW V2s?)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
entirely depends what suspension you want to run. There's no advantage to changing other than fitment as far as I'm concerned

(oh and LOL at the multitude of wrong info and contradictions bouncing back and forth)

Ideally I'd love the AST's - the stiffer springs is just a big advantage over the kw/spax/etc..

If I can buy some hubs for £40, whack them on and pick Lewis's coilovers up i'll be a happy bunny :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ideally I'd love the AST's - the stiffer springs is just a big advantage over the kw/spax/etc..

If I can buy some hubs for £40, whack them on and pick Lewis's coilovers up i'll be a happy bunny :)

At least if you do down that route, you wont feel the need to change them in a year, so worth the extra hassle now IMHO

Yeah it's gonna work out at about £120 more than going with KW/Spax - but that's more than worth it just because I won't have to swap again
Can just send them off end of the year for a rebuild :D

182cup & 172 racecar
No, we broke Dan Freemans car, these have only done 2 trackdays, Oulton and Bedford. I would change the hubs if I had them.

172/1.2/E30
You can get different spring rates and damping characteristics for Bilsteins, H&Rs, KWs etc. They all offer a proper clubsport to race spec range which are made for individual needs (price in or above AST range though).

Bit of an update to anyone thats interested

Spent the week watching videos of Clios on KW V2's including a quite impressive 8:38 lap of the ring with a standard engine and interior - I've decided to give the KW's a crack

Unfortunately Lewis had some problems removing the AST's and damaged them a bit - and I don't really want to get into rebuilding them on top of moving to 182 hubs - and it appears to be quite tricky to find 182 hubs and then bearings are expensive.

I'm also worried that a drive to Monaco and back on AST's as well as the weekend thrash around the moors will actually be too stiff.

So ordering KW V2's on Wednesday and gonna see how I get on with them for the year. I very well might swap to AST's next winter when the car will be a sprint/tin top car only and not see any road use :)

Thanks massively to all the advice everyone threw in, I think this thread has got some really good info in it now for anyone else making the same choices in the future :)

Trafic 140dci
Bit of an update to anyone thats interested

Spent the week watching videos of Clios on KW V2's including a quite impressive 8:38 lap of the ring with a standard engine and interior - I've decided to give the KW's a crack

Unfortunately Lewis had some problems removing the AST's and damaged them a bit - and I don't really want to get into rebuilding them on top of moving to 182 hubs - and it appears to be quite tricky to find 182 hubs and then bearings are expensive.

I'm also worried that a drive to Monaco and back on AST's as well as the weekend thrash around the moors will actually be too stiff.

So ordering KW V2's on Wednesday and gonna see how I get on with them for the year. I very well might swap to AST's next winter when the car will be a sprint/tin top car only and not see any road use :)

Thanks massively to all the advice everyone threw in, I think this thread has got some really good info in it now for anyone else making the same choices in the future :)
Curtis got back to me, £75 to rebuild the shock, 2-3 day turn around so i'll be getting it rebuilt as it will be easier to sell then :)

Ahhh I'm glad it didn't end up costing too much mate - my OCD would have driven me nuts knowing one was freshly rebuilt and the other 3 were old lol

I have issues :(