ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

track car interiors :)

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm currently doing my interior, not much to post other than nothing inside it! But what I am going to do it:
* Paint it dark grey, little like pirmer grey but gloss
* Flocked dash, A-pillars and bits behind the mirrors, because race car! Might get the lower dash done if it annoys me being different
* Put hazard switch where the radio head unit went, then put oil temp and/pressure gauge next to it when I fit one (not needed now)
* my bucket seats are brown...yes I know lol, but they are staying until I have spare cash to repalce them as they are still fine. Money going on chassis improvements.
* Black light weight door cards need to be sourced - not sure how I want to mount door handles/pulls on them though, will cross that barrier when I need to
* Maybe before I start wasting money on power upgrades I might get a cage, colour matched to the orange wheels

Hope this helps!

7BF146C8-F642-4FF8-9E20-D13961434303_zpsb23kskcv.jpg

69CDAB48-95A9-4310-BFDF-9D968FD19EBB_zpstwtdcfn0.jpg

4B6D958E-FA14-448B-9FC0-C67BEFBBE7E1_zpsdginz8wb.jpg

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Those door cards are too posh for a track car! @MarkX.
I take it you hacked up an OE door card ? They look awesome!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Did you paint the cage while it was in the car or out of it ? Also did you paint the interior with the cage fitted as well ?
The cage is a weld in cage, so yes it was painted in the car mate. I can't remember how they actually painted it all tbh, as in the sequence. They did an extremely good job of it all though.

Clio 220 PH2
The cage is a weld in cage, so yes it was painted in the car mate. I can't remember how they actually painted it all tbh, as in the sequence. They did an extremely good job of it all though.
Thanks mate I am just working out the best way of painting mine when it gets welded in because I want a nice finish and I can imagine the roof can be pretty tricky to paint as well

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Well done to all of you who have taken pride in your cars, I wish I had the patience:smile:
The car has changed a bit in the 6weeks since I took these, but you get the idea.
IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Seeing as I got inspiration from when this thead first came round I thought it would be rude not to post.
42355089-741D-43DF-83BB-E8E6DD0EBFDD.jpeg

71372730-CBCF-495E-8240-F0D58B4E088A.jpeg

A5C8AE15-9062-4B91-8B6B-5E14A83DC8D1.jpeg

Still have head lining/power windows and stereo with speakers in the front seat belt recess

E93662FC-2118-4E38-B13F-ACBCB20B1E9E.jpeg

Here’s mine in its basic form... this is before it gets loads of money thrown at it.
However.. if you want a quick weight loss program for your Clio... this is it.

Next step...
windows out - poly windows in
Doors out - fibreglass in
Boot out - fibreglass in
Cage in
Then the underneath gets fettled with...

P.S. IT GETS VERY EXPENSIVE:D

DE5D9169-938D-4EEA-9534-3914AD1D99E0.jpeg

8AE286A1-5921-4B4E-80D5-ECEBC2CB00E1.jpeg

Reactions: Gus