ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

track car 'dash board'

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Evening all,

I have removed the entire dash board from my car (see below) but still want somewhere to put the switches, radio, heater controls etc in the centre as it will still be a road legal car. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am guessing I will have to make something myself from an aluminium sheet, I'm hoping someone has some pictures of something they have made to give me an idea of where to start. :smile:

IMG_3648.jpg

image sharing

Cheers,
Tim

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Me no understand. If you can't keep the dash due to weight, how comes you're keeping a radio and speaker?
They will be easily removable for the track. The car is road legal and will be driven to track days so I need something to keep me entertained on the jouorney

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
They will be easily removable for the track. The car is road legal and will be driven to track days so I need something to keep me entertained on the jouorney

Ah fair play. I assumed something like this would be trailered, I bet it's a nightmare to drive on the road with all the noise!

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Ah fair play. I assumed something like this would be trailered, I bet it's a nightmare to drive on the road with all the noise!
Yeah, it is pretty noisy. Decat is going on this week so should be even worse now!

Butcher the dash to just keep the centre console.
Mod it to house the speakers. Add a quick release.
Good idea, Ill give it a go.

Could always put an old school decorators radio in the back, strapped down :tongueout:
If butchering the dash doesn't work I will just do that, saves all the messing about!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Gtrnav used a biscuit tin for his dash on the cliopreza.

+1 for having a portable radio in the car rather than f**king around trying to mount something on the car.

But +1000000 for trailering.