ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Car Bumper Cut Outs

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'm basically after any information or pictures of anyone who has cut a section out of the rear bumper so it no longer acts as a pararshoot ( < cant spell it)

I've seen lots of 106's and saxo's do it to their rear bumpers.

Has anyone done it to their 172/182

Thanks

Remembered seeing this at a race.

P1030386.gif

TrackCar & F30 330d
Be easier to put a flat plate underneath I would have thought.

Yeah i did think about making up a sheet. Not 100% sure where to attach it to tho. One end to the rear beam and the other end bolted on to the bottom of the bumper!?

Remembered seeing this at a race.

Cheers mate thats spot on. Just what i wanted to see :)

What's the purpose of doing that?

The rear bumper catches lots of air and by cutting a little section out like the picture then there less drag.

are u doin this for track or street ?

Well the car is my track car and daily driver. I wander is its still road legal if i chopped a big section out of the rear bumper. Hmmmm!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Really can not see the point for the tiny tiny gain, its a for a track day car not a F1 car.

A flat floor with a properly designed front splitter and diffuser maybe, but still its a track day!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I could fully understand wanting the possible aero gains that maybe achieved if you were entering top end motorsport, but just chopping a part of the bumper out make no sense to me.

Having just read alot of the "competition cars aerodynamics" book matt (icarus) suggested id be staying well away from any aero changes unless i fully understood the maths behiind it or had a proper way of testing it.

Hey Jay, had alook round the race car last weekend, was very impressed. Was going to have a word with tony but he was very busy.

andybutlers

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus rs, Audi, Clio
The phase 1 if it was black it belongs to paul he is on here his user name its paulya610 i think he will tell you if it makes a difference or not