ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Attack French Trophy or 750 Motor Club Clio 182 Series 2014 : What to choose?

Clio 182 Cup
Hello all

As the title says... I'm looking to race in either of the two series above and trying to work out what would offer the best racing / value for the money.

Here I the differences I see:

Track Attack

750 MC

Club membership
£50
£20

French Trophy Class A
£150

Registration Clio 182
£85

FT: 7 races @ £300
£2,100

750: 14 races
???

So these are based on 2013 prices - can't seem to find how much the Clio 182 series race entry is - anyone help?

Checking the regulations between the two series, the main ones appear to be the use of K-TEC ECU / coilovers / top mounts / 1070kg min weight for the Clio 182 series. So price wise, 2k more, but I guess you are gaining controlled suspension/ECU.

Questions: in the French Trophy, can you modify the engines or are these standard and also can you use coilovers?

Thanks

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Re: Track Attack French Trophy or 750 Motor Club Clio 182 Series 2014 : What to choos

Track attack one I think is the one lots of people on here are involved in, I would go with that.

WRX
Re: Track Attack French Trophy or 750 Motor Club Clio 182 Series 2014 : What to choos

FT is no engine mods but aftermarket air filter and exhaust only and no coilovers, if you look on the Track Attack forum, draft regulations are available. These obviously might change slightly but confirmed regs should be available soon. The other thing to remember is we won't just be in Clios, as it is open to any French car. Don't forget that there are at least two races at each event in FT too, so you do get 14 races if 7 events. If you just want to get out and race, then FT is far cheaper to get into. If you want to feel that there is a more level playing field and you're happy to spend the extra to comply, then 750 is for you.

OP do you mean French Trophy production class or normal French Trophy? If normal then the reg’s are very relaxed for suspension and engine but it’s very expensive to build a competitive car.

WRX

^Good point well made Jimbo, missed that bit!

Something else to consider is the 750MC events are normally over 2 days I think while the FT/TARC is normally all done in a single day.

By the sounds of it there should be a decent number of cars running in both series.

Something else to consider is the 750MC events are normally over 2 days I think while the FT/TARC is normally all done in a single day.

By the sounds of it there should be a decent number of cars running in both series.

That's one thing I do like about the 750MC - at least you get a weekend out of it.
Lot of fuel/trailer/labour etc.. to get the car out for just one day