ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toxic Emissions Warning Light

Renaultsport Mégane R26

Hello all,

Was heading down the motorway last week in the 1.2 Dynamique and as I was speeding along, the toxic emissions warning light came on. Instantly I could feel that the engine was way down on power and that all was not well with the exhaust coughing and spluttering. Luckily I managed to drive home in the slow lane piddling along at 55 mph (couldnt really go any faster). I left the car on the drive for 2 days and came back to it and surely enough the warning light has disappeared and the car feels relatively normal. Still a little rough at idle, but driveable atleast.

Just wondering whether anyone has experienced similar problems and can recommend whether I should take the car into Renault to have some work done or not....

Thanks for all your time,

David

Mégane RS

Yeah hapend to me whilst i was on a test drive of the meg 225, i was giving it some and the light came on lol

Been happening to me recently mate exactly same thing! And also hasnt been starting now and again so my car is booked into reanult for next wednesday!

2003 1.2 16v 18000miles

Daz