ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top tip..., don't hit a badger in a lowered Clio, otherwise...

Clio 182
...this happens :mad: :mad: :mad:

Image045-1.jpg

Image044-1.jpg

Image048-1.jpg

Image049.jpg

Image051.jpg

Image050.jpg

- Bumper, wobbly. Probably ripped it out of its mounting points.
- Radiator, shot. Bent to high heaven.
- Fan, making a good awful rattly noise.
- Splitter, ripped out but in one piece :D. Thank you Skoda :D

b*****d rodent scum. Least I killed the suicidal thing, but still :mad:

Anything else I should be looking for, damage wise? It went directly underneith me car, had a look at the sump and all seems ok, as does the exhaust system?

'Bloody' annoying, excuse the pun.

CLIO PH1 172
bad luck dude shame its bent the rad normally when i see this the bumper takes the brunt of it

hope you get it all sorted ok

S4 Avant
Think you've been fairly unlucky with that mechanically.

Badgers should not be a protected species, they're f**king viscious, TB ridden virmin.

More poke than viagr
Thats s**t mate, i hit a dead bird today and it made a mess underneath but luckily no damage as such.....and i annihilated the bird lol

Jesus if i ever hit a badger it would wouldnt even go underneath my car! Would just be dragged along at about 60mph...doesnt bare thinking about lol.... :dapprove:

Incidents like this make me think about raising it up a wee bit

ValverInBits
You know. I've heard of badgers write off cars, snap bumpers, the lot.

I was driving a flimsy old 205 XS when I hit one at 60. It made a big bang, but only snapped the number plate. Viva la 205. awesome

Before you say it tho. Yes, the badger walked away from it. God knows how.

Clio 182
LOL @ Tom and Russ :D

Oh I killed the Badger all right lol, the camera doesn't show the blood up too well, but it's poka dotted all right lol :evil: :approve: :cool:! Car behind me lit the road up, and I saw a red, white and black thing laying there, motionless!! Got 'his' just deserve for being suicidal, just poxy annoying as I was going to go up to Alton Towers tomorrow, not anymore!

edit; is there anything else I should be looking out for enginey wise, or is it literally the front end? Going to take the bumper off in the morning to take a proper look, but still...

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
F!cking hate badgers nasty vicious things!

Hit one riding a motorbike once.. safe to say I ended up on my ass whilst the badger carried on its way! :eek:

Stagecoach Ticket
built like tanks them things good job it died it proberly would of had a pop at ya for running it down if it dident

gl getting it fixed

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Damn things, feel sorry for you mate. Was out the other week and my mate decided to be clever and overtake me doing about 80 down a country road, thats fine.... out walks the badger. Nice bang, big cloud out fur and his front end is f***ed. Tough old things badgers, they die but they leave their mark...

Clio 182
After the initial gggrrr, starting to LOL about it now!! Just gunna be a pain ringing round tomorrow for 'new' parts. Oh, and instead of screaming and laughing like a kid on Thirteen, I'll be on me back, swearing and taking off me bumper *sighs*...

Tbh, dunno if he died, just kinda saw him roll and just lie still in the middle of the road for the next car to run over lol! Thinks it's fair to see a wee bump on the noggin knocked him out, car behind me finished him off for good measure!!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I hit a rabbit last night doing 70mph on a dual carriage way, cars lowered 60mm and I must have been close to some damage!

Unlucky man

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bumper is 100% fixable if you have a bit of patience with plastic weld and a few skills with filler, primer and a spray can.

With the location of it being where it is, you could really get away with it, IMO.

f**king wildlife!

Clio 182
Bumper is 100% fixable if you have a bit of patience with plastic weld and a few skills with filler, primer and a spray can.

With the location of it being where it is, you could really get away with it, IMO.

f**king wildlife!

That's what I was hoping, bumper needs a respray anyways from another previous smack, so was going to get a proper body shop job on it and not some DIY or SMART repair done.

Was then going to get a quote on a new bumper (in silver) to see any benefit of repairing.

Then just need to find me a rad and a fan (if not complete) and happy days :D

Clio 182
LOL @ Darren, someone posted those pics on RSUK! Venison anyone tee-hee!

Can I hit one in my non-lowered Clio?

Yep :D

If you have a splitter though, bye bye. Tbh, I dunno how much damage a badger would do if mine was standard height, still pretty hefty I would imagine.

Iceberg Ph1
Nasty stuff foxes! I've had a few close encounters.. There is untold around this area!

And.. WTF.. How did that picture appear 3 times?! Lol :S

Clio 182
Nasty stuff foxes! I've had a few close encounters.. There is untold around this area!

Fox :S

Someone said that was a deer that caused that damage? Meh, whatever it was, jebus :eek:

Tigger, Skoda splitters ftw :D. Only thing to of survived and still be in one piece lol :D

C3 Picasso Beast
Yeah that's a fox wrapped up in the engine not a deer...was wondering why venison got mentioned ;)

On the subject of running down animals I hit a fox other year in the works Vauxhall Combo van doing about 80 and the only damage was the drivers side arch liner was hanging off! Think you either get lucky or unlucky depending on where you hit the animal on your car...

For maximum damage from hitting an animal I recommend driving into a Shetland pony on a duel carriage as this does some fairly decent damage...yes I've seen this happen before someone just says I'm sick/twisted/strange ;)

More poke than viagr
That Bimmer pic is horrible :dead: Imagine the poor chap who has to clean that out!

I dont want to hit anything with mine like this lol :rasp:

DSC00316.jpg

ouch!! i dhd that wen i was learning in a 1.2 ph2 clio shatterd my front bumper nd the splitter.

Clio 182
Not good dude hope you get it sorted out soon

Everything is sorted now, well on order :)

Bumper is going in for repair next Wednesday, and I get it back Friday evening so will be able to fit all the new bits next weekend :D

Even getting a few RDS's polished out as part of the deal :approve: :cool:

Clio 182
Car is all back together and fixdid :D

Was cheeky, seeing as it needed plastic welding, then fillering, I've asked for the headlight washer holes to be filled and smoothed. So I have no horrible black washer jets now, just a smoooooooth bumper :approve:. Illegal, technically, yes. Do I care, nope! Will worry about the healight washer conumdrum at MOT time, but seeing as there are none to fail me on, might be lucky hehe :dapprove: :eek:

All that's needed is for me to screw the splitter back on and she's back to her best!

Also had, well, tried to have a few RDS's flat polished. Nope, gone too deep, only removed around 20/30% of the scratch. All it has done is taken the harshness of it away, and where they be on a silver car, doesn't look too bad.

Quick pic, excuse the bird poop. Got splatted on the way to work this morning :D

Image058-1.jpg

E36 328
My friend hit a pig once in his 306. Hit the towing eye and only thing it broke was the bumper!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
That Bimmer pic is horrible :dead: Imagine the poor chap who has to clean that out!

I dont want to hit anything with mine like this lol :rasp:

DSC00316.jpg

Jesus....i'd be wary of slightly proud drain covers in that thing.

Surely its awful to drive like that?