ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top Gear Tonight 10pm

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The day will come when i can have a tuscan.But the purchase will be made with a 2nd car in mind.I will probably do 6k a year if that and then the running costs arent so great.Compare this to a ferrari which costs £1400 just to change a cam belt and its still a bargain.I think running an evo is on par with a tuscan so its great value

Add this to the performance you get and its a steal i think...

ian

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 13 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 13 June 2004

V6 money is 2nd hand TVR money

X or Y plate tuscan anyone

<<<ian
Have you ever been in or driven a TVR? Theyre nothing more than an expensive badly put together kit car, horrible cars!
TVRs are gorgeous pieces of british design,you must of sat in an old one because the ones at the motorshow were stunning.Along with noble they are the best of british and there is nothing this side of 100k to touch them on performance

The cerbera can be had for 16k and break 9 seconds to 100mph

The tuscan can be had for 25k and has the same performance.

How can you talk about build quality and own a renault.

The T350 hammers an evo 8 and any subaru on a track.

Now whats horrible about that?????

And lets have a better reply than clio 172 etc doing 10 secs -60mph

ian;)
I didnt say my 172 was the worlds best put together car far from it.

TVRs have shocking build quality, a cerbera is a nasty horrible car that smells of burning fibre glass like a lot of other kit cars do! Horrible to do any sort of distance in and power delivery is sh*t!

Tuscan has better engine than the cerbera but build quality still shocking, woohoo its quick but falls appart! Have the trademark not quite finshed feel that all TVRs seam to have.

May only cost 16k and 25k respectively but they cost a lot more cos they spend so much time in for repair. Only thing I can say in their favour is that their dealers crawl so far up your arse to make you happy its unbelieveable!

Wouldnt buy the V6...great car but cant justify spending over 20k on something that goes a bit faster than a 182.

BUY a 182 and then use the extra cash to get a 2nd hand cup..strip it even more than it is and race it on track days!

Best of both worlds!

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 13 June 2004

Wouldnt buy the V6...great car but cant justify spending over 20k on something that goes a bit faster than a 182.

BUY a 182 and then use the extra cash to get a 2nd hand cup..strip it even more than it is and race it on track days!

Best of both worlds!
Kinda agree with that but you cant deny that the v6 is a real head turner!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Its a shame renault cant creep the same:(

TVRs are handbuilt sports cars and are meant to feel a bit like that i suppose.

With a full fia roll cage in every tvr i would rather crash in that than my 172.I dont think they are as bad as you make out.There not made to do a daily commute i think but instead are for the weekend and to be driven on a sunday.Who knows

For what its worth i think there gorgeous and theres nothing else for the money.The T350 is growing on me aswell and is a really well put together TVR

ian

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 13 June 2004

Best of both worlds!

Well it depends what you want from a car I guess. the V6 suits me fine :)

awesome car.

SIMON.

had a cerbera traded in at work was a pile of w**k, looked cool from a distance and the seating position was spot on but apart from that it was downhill, carpets were falling apart had serious waterleaks into the car the panel gaps were way off one end you could drive a bus through the other you wouldnt get a rizzla between, paint was hanging and generally lookuy ed like it had been made by a five year old with a fisher price fibre glassing kit, ran like a bag of nails and the metal components on it looked like they had been made out of pig iron. it was falling apart and only two years old. i know renault arent the world leaders in build quality but they are generations ahead of tvr. the guy who owns the chain of main dealers i work for (he has ferrari, porsche,maserati, bmw,lotus, jeep etc main franchised dealers) wouldnt take them on as the have something silly like 75% of cars rejected/bought back by owners due to build quality or reliability issues. i do like the look of the newest models but if they are anything like the cerbera i looked at 3 years ago i wouldnt touch one

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 13 June 2004

Well it depends what you want from a car I guess. the V6 suits me fine :)

awesome car.

SIMON.

Mate ... if I could afford one I would look into it!!! .. it does seem high prices for a Renault BUT it seems you get a LOT of performance out of it!

Craig

To save Brazos blushes above ^^^^ im sure he is relating to the 60-100 times and not 0-60.

Not unless he is severely pissed and paraletic after watching the England game, then he probably does mean 0-60.

my mates got a cxhimera in real world non motorway driving we are evenley matched. i pull away from him on the twisties in my 182 and he gets infront on the straights. same deal with my other mates elise.

trouble is they have 8 year old cars and I get quick new car with air con leather, warrently no mot no expensive breakeges for money I (my company)
pays no contest

I too would love to see it on a fast track,but still dont think it would be light years ahead.To the same point i would love to see the cars on a very twisty section of track.The very normal looking 182 (as you put it) beat the evo 260 in a slalom test in this months evo,so how poor would your car look against that type of test??

There are many variables for compairing speed but i dont think you can take away the 13-14k price difference when comparing cups/182s and v6s on a track

The cup/182 is more than capable of upseting much bigger and faster cars on a track than a v6.As you will see tonight on top gear..MMUUUHHHHAAAAAAA

ian

[Edited by ian 172 on 13 June 2004 at 2:50pm]

well whatever, but money is NO object to me so I would rather have the awesome looking V6 255 than a 182...simple :)

Simon.

nothing like blowing your own trumpet :eek:

If money is no object to you then why are you driving a Renault clio??

Nothing wrong with Renaults;) but if your on megabuck wages would you not be driving around in a glamourus super car style car?

Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari/Noble/TVR etc etc etc....

Quote: Originally posted by Tiger on 13 June 2004

well whatever, but money is NO object to me so I would rather have the awesome looking V6 255 than a 182...simple :)

Must admit I missed that comment! ... although a little patronising, who can fault the logic?!? (well except for the fact I would have had an RX8 I suppose ;))

Craig

With a full fia roll cage in every tvr i would rather crash in that than my 172.I dont think they are as bad as you make out.There not made to do a daily commute i think but instead are for the weekend and to be driven on a sunday.Who knows

For what its worth i think there gorgeous and theres nothing else for the money.The T350 is growing on me aswell and is a really well put together TVR

ian
Not a chance, tell that to one of my TVR owning mates who lost his leg after crashing his Cerbera @ 40mph.

[Edited by Pete_172 on 14 June 2004 at 12:02am]

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 13 June 2004

If money was no object then why on earth are you driving a Renault??

Nothing wrong with Renos guys before you start but if your on megabucks wages you would not be driving arounfd in a Renault Clio.

If moneys no object then whats wrong with Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari/Noble/TVR etc etc etc.......why on earth would you pick a Reno over these cars?

because I fell in love with a V6 the day it came out and always said I would get one when I came into money, well now I have so I bought a 255...simple.

Gota go with your heart.... and mine is with my 255 :)

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 14 June 2004

ian
Not a chance, tell that to one of my TVR owning mates who lost his leg after crashing his Cerbera @ 40mph.

thats scary :eek:

wtf is that on your avatar? lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Clio = 4 stars in the ncap test. bloody safe.

Tvr = crash testing? eh? oh that yeah errr maybe next year.

TVRS ARE DEATH TRAPS, VERY FAST, VERY COOL BUT DEATH TRAPS.

I too would love to see it on a fast track,but still dont think it would be light years ahead.To the same point i would love to see the cars on a very twisty section of track.The very normal looking 182 (as you put it) beat the evo 260 in a slalom test in this months evo,so how poor would your car look against that type of test??

There are many variables for compairing speed but i dont think you can take away the 13-14k price difference when comparing cups/182s and v6s on a track

The cup/182 is more than capable of upseting much bigger and faster cars on a track than a v6.As you will see tonight on top gear..MMUUUHHHHAAAAAAA

ian

[Edited by ian 172 on 13 June 2004 at 2:50pm]

Simon.

Didnt mean to sound like I was "blowing my own trumpet" I just meant that because money for the V6 was not a problem I bought one and maybe if I had only £12k to spend then I might consider a 182.... thats all :)

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Tiger on 14 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 14 June 2004

ian

thats scary :eek:

wtf is that on your avatar? lol
Yup, slipped on some diesel coming off a roundabout hit a lampost side ways and the car just fell appart. Two broken legs and one was so bad it had to be amputated from just below the knee. He was in hospital for 4 months while the doctors carried out about 10-15 operations to try and save it.

Its a shed, both avatar and TVR! lol

Quote: Originally posted by craig182 on 14 June 2004

Must admit I missed that comment! ... although a little patronising, who can fault the logic?!? (well except for the fact I would have had an RX8 I suppose ;))

Craig

I did look at an RX8, its a very nive car however I have always loved the look of the V6 255 and wanted an exculsive Mid-Engined RWD car but could not afford a Ferrari 355..lol :)

Simon.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 14 June 2004

Craig

I did look at an RX8, its a very nive car however I have always loved the look of the V6 255 and wanted an exculsive Mid-Engined RWD car but could not afford a Ferrari 355..lol :)

Simon.
Thats the money no object comment blown to smithereens then :sick:

What an insult!!!!!! Did you see what Clarkson put on the speed comparison table???? He put Clio Cup which is wrong, it is a clio 182!!!!! A better car!!!! Dick!!! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 14 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 14 June 2004

Craig

Simon.
Thats the money no object comment blown to smithereens then :sick:

Not really... I set my budget for my new car at £30k....

So I meant that the money for the V6 255 was not a problem :)

Didnt want to piss off the wife to much as we are spending £30k on the house too.. :)

So told wife I wouldnt spend more on my car than we spend on the house...for now anyway..lol

anyway I dont need to defend my spending habits to you lot here.......lets just say that I bought the car and house improvements with CASH..... no loans....OK

Simon.

[Edited by shmall on 14 June 2004 at 12:27am]

Quote: Originally posted by MrAtego on 14 June 2004

What an insult!!!!!! Did you see what Clarkson put on the speed comparison table???? He put Clio Cup which is wrong, it is a clio 182!!!!! A better car!!!! Dick!!! ;)
Oh god here we go again!

Quote: Originally posted by MrAtego on 14 June 2004

Dont woory about it, the whole timing board thing is daft anyway.... dry times with wet times and so on.... :)

Simon.

no choice!

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=92259&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=92259&PagePosition=1

Not after what Clarkson said.. Cheap, Poor build , Noisey and full of niggles. (ok, he said still likeable like a puppy that keeps crapping on the carpet)
The V6 was given a place in Clarksons top 10 cars. Also the build quality is 100 times better, you can now start to see the price of the V6 isnt quite as bad as you think! Thats a lot of car and built to last.

Anyway, why are we comparing a V6 to a 182, its in a different world to the V6. You could make any hot hatch light as u like by reducing build quality and say its almost as good as a better built car. But if we werent comparing it to such a superior car, it would be a fun car to have, just expect poor build.

For 14 grand its ok though, you get what you pay for.

V6 Clios are widely available now online for under 24k!! BARGAIN!

Boz

Arctic 182

Why has this thread turned into a V6 -v- 182 comparison?

WHAT ABOUT THE TOP GEAR REVIEW ???????????

Clarkson talks sh*te sometimes. In one breath he said the 182 was uncomfortable, then less than a minute later he says its amazingly comfortable, soaking up all potholes effortlessly etc etc ...

Build quality isnt the best, but its not as bad as he makes out, the knob!

Ford Fiesta

his review wasnt that bad, at all. All in all for the money he likes it. But who cares even if he had hated the thing I wouldnt be changing my mind about getting one. I dont buy cars cos of what someone on a TV show says.

it was a quick lap time, I noted too about saying it was not comfy then saying it was? WTF?

anyway I also say it had the front splitter and the normal rear spoiler as it had the sat nav.

I dont think the build quality is as bad as he says either.

overall, could have said worse! :)

Perfectly fair report....

A car can be uncorfortable to sit in that is comfortable over the bumps.

He was right to point out the build quality and the steering wheel and the seats...

I respect his opinion more than evo as at least he pointed out the bad points..

At the end of the day it was quick and cheap and puts a smile on your face///

dk

911 GTS Cab

yeah, i did notice the one they had in the studio had the decals on the side, must have been the one from the motorshow!

Ford Fiesta

TheOnlyGrunt

it was bbc wales later on last night think may have been midnight til 1am?