ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top dash display

Clio Sport 182
hi i recently bought a alpine dash display adaptor for my stereo but when i removed the top of the dash the red plug from the display is different, ita a long thin plug 1 row plug in my car where as the adaptor i bought is a thick 2 row plug, does anyone no where i can buy this other plug from as the audio shops i call say they cant get one !!! and one shop says i dont need to take the top of the dash off to have the display working ?? cheers for any helpfull comments

i have attached a few pics of the adaptor i have bought
IMG00059.gif

IMG00062.gif

The shops are right. Depending on the adapter, you don't have to remove the dash top to fit it. My old Alpine stereo used an adapter which just fitted behind the stereo. Mine was an AutoLeads adapter from New Alpine HU's to the Clio2

Abarth 500 Essesse
Some of the Alpine units dont have the output to display on the clio dash display, as i found out after i'd bought the adapter and HU. If it does then you just plug the adapter in on the back of the stereo no need to take the dash display out or remove the dash.

Clio Sport 182
ah right ! just got a pm from the lad who i bought it off i need to plug it into the yellow connector at the back of the stereo... my remote im using now plugs into the back of the display under the dash top ! i thought it just connected into there cheers for the info, and my stereo is the one to do the dash display so i should be ok !!