ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

top bearings

2003 Clio 172
so, i am rebuilding my susp as we speak and my top bearings were replace a couple of years ago with rubbers etc and new shocks today

but....

when all assembled, is there supposed to be a little wobble in the top mounts or are they supposed to be clamped down nice n tight?

ill upload a vid soon but one side has a good bit of play vs the other which still has a little

A

2003 Clio 172
Having a close look tonight, it seems to me that there is a fair bit of wear in one of the rubbers......replacing both tomorrow and will just throw in bearings to be sure. Didn't expect that much wear in 2 years tbh.

From looking at it, there is actually a fair wee but of lateral movement too.....that can't be good for the old steering either, fairly sure that will be rattling 'n' clunking too.

J

2003 Clio 172
So yeah, replaced both top mounts with KYB items (that came with bearings and all, nice).......these were actually looser though :/

Anyhow, dropped the whole lot in and all seems well, p'raps they are supposed to be loose fitting for movement?

Lovely steering returned, most clunks now gone.

Just to clarify, removing that knock required 2 new front shocks, 2 new top mounts, 1 bottom ball joint, 1 outer tre and 3 litres of Fuchs g/box oil (only because I am a dick)

Oh yeah, and i just ponied up for a new front arch liner from Reno....hens teeth second hand ffs

*phew*

J

BG 182 FF
The rubber bush is a loose fit, quite normal. Once it's got the weight of the car holding it together its not an issue.