ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tools & Garage Equipment sub forum?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
lol :smile:

no one uses a torque wrench to do wheel nuts up with do they?

I get the wrench out the boot and do it up with that, so at the side of a road I can still undo them.

Why would you not be able to undo them at the side of the road?

I'm fairly sure you'll be over tightening them if you are just using a wheel wrench, hence making it harder to undo next time. Torque them up to the proper amount (about 120nm?) and they will a) be safe and 2) come undone fairly easily.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Why would you not be able to undo them at the side of the road?

I'm fairly sure you'll be over tightening them if you are just using a wheel wrench, hence making it harder to undo next time. Torque them up to the proper amount (about 120nm?) and they will a) be safe and 2) come undone fairly easily.

105Nm

That's enough to keep them on but also not too tight that they can't be undone with the wheel brace.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I think the original idea is a good one, as this thread as pretty much shown.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't be without mine now. So much faster than having to crack wheel bolts off by hand and then unwind each one.

I can have all 4 wheels off in 30 seconds.
Plus, didn't you say because it works on a hammer you're less likely to round stuff? More of a repeated shock force than the massive constant force of a bar.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Plus, didn't you say because it works on a hammer you're less likely to round stuff? More of a repeated shock force than the massive constant force of a bar.

Yeah, well it's easier to keep pressure on the gun whereas on a bar you'd have the risk of slipping off the nut/bolt potentially rounding it.

Quite easily round stuff with the gun too though, that initial hit usually breaks it away before it has time to round though normally.

Clio 182 Trophy
A blow torch doesn't go amiss too

My favourite tool <3
I need to make my tool collection more manly with power tools! Only one so far is a little angle grinder, tbf it makes sparks and loud noises so not the worst.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm going to be buying this next to add to my tool collection.

c25be3156c5482574f071452f60cd34f.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Cheers for the heads up mate. [emoji1]

Basically the pin ones are for construction work working at heights, the pin goes into the socket which has a hole on the side so that it can't fall off and you need to push a small screwdriver through to get it off, bit of a pain if you're swapping from socket to socket.

Quality guns the Milwaukees.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Basically the pin ones are for construction work working at heights, the pin goes into the socket which has a hole on the side so that it can't fall off and you need to push a small screwdriver through to get it off, bit of a pain if you're swapping from socket to socket.

Quality guns the Milwaukees.
Oh thanks mate, I didn't know that. [emoji106]