ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

too wide?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
as some of you may be aware atm i have the wheels that i bought for the rear of my car on the front and the fronts on the back as when i was putting them on i thought they stuck out too far, i have now got rid of the scrubbing problem on the rear but altering my install so now if i want i cabn put the rears on the rear...

makes no difference to handeling and you cant tell unless you look really closely that the front site about 0.5 cms futher out that the back ,
but when you swap them over you can tell the difference

DSCF1812.gif

personally im thinking of leaving them as they are

Clio v6
Is there a law against tyres beyond the width of the arches?

Looks very 70's Fandango :approve:

Is there a law against tyres beyond the width of the arches?

Looks very 70's Fandango :approve:

If i remember rightly, the law states that the tyre's contact area must be under the arches... in Taylor's case it should be just about legal. Doesn't get round the fact it looks a little silly though.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
^ ye but look at the wheel. its passed the Arch, if cops stop you then god knos what they will do. is it on spacer's ?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
^ ye but look at the wheel. its passed the Arch, if cops stop you then god knos what they will do. is it on spacer's ?

thats not against the law, the law states that all the tread much be inside the arch, and it is... just lol

Lotus Elise 111R

thats not against the law, the law states that all the tread much be inside the arch, and it is... just lol

The law actually states that if a pedestrian can touch the wheel outside of the body, and therefore cause damage to legs etc on contact it is illegal, nothing to do with tread...

BMW M135i
There should be a law about these gash euro wheels, its completely lost on me. Can't see why the wheels sticking about the arches looks good? Can't be safe if you hit a pedestrian.