ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too much paint on my caliper, need to remove some

Clive the Clio no. 2
Hi all,

set about painting my calipers,

on my passenger side caliper, i have put too much paint on it, and now it looks lumpy and horrible, is there any way i can remove some of the paint and start to build thinner layers back up?

when its dry could i use some wet and dry to remove some of the thickness and lumpyness (sp)?

or is it a sand the whole thing down and start again?

any help would be great!

When its dry use wet and dry and sand the lumpy paint down just enough till its smooth without removing the paint sounds a plan ;)

Not that anyone would notice the lumps

Lol :)

P.s You may have to let the paint fully cure for a day or two, as if you start sanding when its dry on the surface and wet underneath you'll make an arse of it :(

Clive the Clio no. 2
one is really thick and the other looks good!

its just a pain in the arse when i noticed it and had to put the wheel back on and i couldnt do anything about it until it was dry.

i will just have to drive about in it until wednesday/thursday when i can have another go.

thing is though, i can notice it and it looks poo!