ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Today was the day I recieved my clio!!!

Renault Sport Clio 172
For those of you who may have read my first post on here, today was the day i picked up my clio sport from the garage and I must say the drive home was an absolute pleasure :) When I pulled away from the garage I thought the automatically locking doors was very nifty as i took the short journey to fill her up with fuel. Then when I hit the open road the smile on my face grew from ear to ear. I was very impressed with the performance, the car pulled though the whole range of revs very quickly, the handling is great and the brakes are good too. Although the car has a standard exhaust system on it, it still makes a great sound.
Interior is nice and tidy, seats are very comfortable and keep you planted nice and snug... all in all I'm in love with it already..... infact I'm gonna stop writing now because I feel an urge to take her out for a little spin :)

Before I go can anyone recommend a good stainless exhaust system and air filter?
Cheers,
Si :)

SchwepTek™
Welcome to the club mate!

Get some pics up!!

I cant help you with 172 exhausts but i'd def either go for a stealth or cut-in job and not hung below the bumper.

Everyone on here tends to go for ITG panel filters in the standard airbox.

:)

Renault Sport Clio 172
hi all thanks for taking time to reply to my post :) firstly my user name doesn't imply that I spend my time in ditches with cars just that I live in Redditch or more fondly known as The Ditch :) I am 28 and I will get some pics up on here asap. I got 3 days off work now so I have time to enjoy my motor :)

Happy motoring folks :)
Si

Renault Sport Clio 172
To all on here I have posted a pic of my clio... but it isn't showing on the forum... maybe on my profile you'll see :) And to let you all know I've been enjoying it bucket loads although I get the local Kev's tailing me in their crappy saxos and 1.2 corsas with silly plastic bits stuck to them... hey ho, what can I do? :)

Peace and love
Si

Clio 197
It will put a smile on your face everytime you drive it. i know mine does even when i nip down to the shops, especially some respect you get from bigger toys out there.

polar metallic veyron
And to let you all know I've been enjoying it bucket loads although I get the local Kev's tailing me in their crappy saxos and 1.2 corsas with silly plastic bits stuck to them... hey ho, what can I do? :)

Peace and love
Si

I get the same - even more so when im in the scooby but thats normally civic type r's that want to race - I reckon im getting old though cos i just let them pass now:S

Renault Sport Clio 172
I hear what you're saying Jimmm, although I'm 28 and have grown out of my heavy lead right foot now and then I like to show them the power :) lol

Renault Sport Clio 172
I don't have the same power as you Jim but it feels good when the clio just pulls thru those revs without giving up and plants you back into you seat... sometimes can't help myself!

And to let you all know I've been enjoying it bucket loads although I get the local Kev's tailing me in their crappy saxos and 1.2 corsas with silly plastic bits stuck to them... hey ho, what can I do? :)

Peace and love
Si

I get the same - even more so when im in the scooby but thats normally civic type r's that want to race - I reckon im getting old though cos i just let them pass now:S

its not getting old, its just not wanting them understeering into the side of you! Saw this happen to someone earlier...

polar metallic veyron
Yes i cant fault the clio, I use it every day and never had any problems and goes very, very well - fairly cheap to run too:approve:

I wasnt, i was merely persuing at some disctance as my car is one of the slowest money can buy, to see what the outcome was, the outcome was a peugueot estate understeering into a chavvy focus.

Renault Sport Clio 172
was the driver of the focus a cap wearing teenie bopper crying because his parents only just bought and insured the car for him? :)