ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Today I Saw the Future of TV's!!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I went to the Sony trade show today for all their new product launches and 'futures'!!!!!!

I love sony as most people know but the innovation that goes into their products is beyond other manufacturers with the size of product range they produce!

I saw all the new Vaio's which are great.

But the best part was a the living room section.

I saw the first OLED TV Screen (organic LED), it was only small as thats all thats on sale in the US and Japan at the moment but OMG, it is without doubt the single best quality screen i have ever seen and i've seen a few going to trade shows. The picture was like looking through a window without the reflection of the glass, it was unbelievably better than any HD plasma or LCD I have ever seen, breathtaking!!!!!

http://www.gizmag.com/go/8173/

I also saw their new bluray home entertainment pc which is round and does a great job is being in a lounge attached to a tv as a pvr and everything else.

They had their mp3 stereo that you can dock an ipod into and control it form the stereo or plug a walkman in and transfer songs, but also you can have satellite devices around the house that connect wirelessly and then you can use party mode and have the same song playing in different rooms without any lag! Also you can play different songs in each room, all being sent by wifi from the main unit!

Then I had a go with their world first digital noise cancelling headphones and OMG, they were so good, i was listening to the sound on a tv and then he had a stereo next to it, ramped it up to full blast and i couldn't hear anything except the tv sound, theres a button to press to stop the noise cancelling and you can hear the outside world, to speak to someone and then i could hear the stereo, release the button and nothing, jsut the sound i wanted, amazing! Apparently they have been independantly tested as being better than the Bose ones.

But the best gadget of the day was a new mp3 player called Rolly and its like this white capsule that can dance to music, you have to really see it to understand how cool it is but i can tell you now, when they come over here next year they are going to be the gadget to have!!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/06/sonys-rolly-music-player-robot-coming-to-the-us-this-spring/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTxdKi77G20

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
lol @ the rolly, what a crock of sh1t!

OLED sounds wicked though must say. My mate works for sony told me about those headphones, hopefully getting some soon :)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
f**k me, the headphones sound cool... good for djs if you put one ear in!!

Octy VRS
Some Sony rubbish
You came to where I work! There's some great stuff. That OLED screen is only 11" but looks great. We have had a 27" one demo'd too, it looks f**king awesome. Will have to wait a few years before they become reasonable though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Fixed!

Oh and SED is better that OLED.
WiFi music centres are so 2006
Noise canceling headphones? LOL!!

Octy VRS
Yawn, big deal.... How many people have actually got all this stuff if it's so old hat? It's not to show the latest wow technology. The show is for dealers/traders to demonstrate the latest products you'll see soon in your consumer stores, and most people won't have seen them in the flesh. That's why it is called a trade show. 'Kin 'ell

RS 200
I agree, Organic LED looks awesome, extremely thin and brillian contrast. Saw the sony screens back in September in Dubai at the Gitex show.

your like the worlds biggest most annoying sony fan boy...

LOL!

Of course Pioneer etc etc dont have any innovation. They just copy Sony. Maybe they just read what you say on a forum and then base all new products on fan boy threads!

VaVa
Toshiba have fingers in a few more pies than sony... but hey... Daves a fanboy and won't hear otherwise.

If i was a school kid I'd love a Rolly. But what grown man of sound mind want's an mp3 player with flashing lights that's a cross between a rugby ball, and iPod and one of those shitty dancing coke cans from the 80's?!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I had a sony dvd player.

It broke.

I replaced it with another sony dvd player.

It broke.

I replaced the replacement with another sony dvd player.

It also broke.

Conversely, the cheap £20 no-brand dvd player that I won years back still works.

My cousins sony dvd player also broke.

I don't buy sony stuff anymore!

dk

911 GTS Cab
your like the worlds biggest most annoying sony fan boy...

LOL!

Of course Pioneer etc etc dont have any innovation. They just copy Sony. Maybe they just read what you say on a forum and then base all new products on fan boy threads!
i was told pioneer have just come out of the plasma market, they don't have anywhere near the innovation that sony products do.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yawn, big deal.... How many people have actually got all this stuff if it's so old hat? It's not to show the latest wow technology. The show is for dealers/traders to demonstrate the latest products you'll see soon in your consumer stores, and most people won't have seen them in the flesh. That's why it is called a trade show. 'Kin 'ell
its not worth biting with Tom, hes one of those people that knows it all and has done and got it all.

He doesn't quite understand why these world first digital noise cancelling phones are actually that good, maybe if he ever tries them he will.

WiFi music centres with 5 satallite units in different rooms that can play the same music with NO lag or play 5 different tunes without their own local hard drives, so again all over lag free wifi must be so 1995 i guess.

And Tom, have you actually seen an OLED screen working in the flesh? It doesn;t to me look like anything could possibly be any better, its already lifelike and perfect to the human eye.

And this thread was not about being fanboys, i was sharing some of the technology i've been experiencing today as this is the technology forum and as it was a sony show its only likely to have sony content i'm afraid, i do apologise for that.

VaVa
Perfect to the human eye? Last time I checked you had washing machine doors for glasses Dave.

Logie Bairds first screen probably looks HD to you ;)

RS 200
its not worth biting with Tom, hes one of those people that knows it all and has done and got it all.

He doesn't quite understand why these world first digital noise cancelling phones are actually that good, maybe if he ever tries them he will.

WiFi music centres with 5 satallite units in different rooms that can play the same music with NO lag or play 5 different tunes without their own local hard drives, so again all over lag free wifi must be so 1995 i guess.

And Tom, have you actually seen an OLED screen working in the flesh? It doesn;t to me look like anything could possibly be any better, its already lifelike and perfect to the human eye.

And this thread was not about being fanboys, i was sharing some of the technology i've been experiencing today as this is the technology forum and as it was a sony show its only likely to have sony content i'm afraid, i do apologise for that.

I am not a Sony fan lets put that first:rasp:

but.......I have seen Sony OLED in the flesh and i backup what Dave has said, it is a brilliant technology with amazing picures. Will be awesome when eventually start making 42" etc TV's with this technology. Oh and by the way the screens are only millimeters thick, litterally talking iPod tocuh thickness for a screen.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Perfect to the human eye? Last time I checked you had washing machine doors for glasses Dave.

Logie Bairds first screen probably looks HD to you ;)
with glasses i have 20/20 vision so that doesn't really come into it, just makes me look more intelligent;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
I am not a Sony fan lets put that first:rasp:

but.......I have seen Sony OLED in the flesh and i backup what Dave has said, it is a brilliant technology with amazing picures. Will be awesome when eventually start making 42" etc TV's with this technology. Oh and by the way the screens are only millimeters thick, litterally talking iPod tocuh thickness for a screen.
must resist...........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Latest-Sony-X...oryZ3320QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I need that in my life (oled)

Dread to think how much a 40" is though!

Cheers for the post dave, Was there any PS3 stuff?

Weren't you moaning that you couldnt afford a house then you look at £1k 11" screens ;) :p?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I need that in my life (oled)

Dread to think how much a 40" is though!

Cheers for the post dave, Was there any PS3 stuff?

Weren't you moaning that you couldnt afford a house then you look at £1k 11" screens ;) :p?
lol, maybe i should start a thread saying i am now quite comfortable and can easily afford a house now, just need to find one, as people do keep on mentioning that one from 6 months ago;)

The PS3 was there and they were showing it remote playing with the PSP and streaming content from a vaio etc. Nothing more that that really as the gaming division is pretty much separate from the consumer products i think.

Revels Mum & Sister
Some good shizzle there.

I read about those headphones sound like a good idea. Those screens are awesome. Expensive but WOW

Good post Homo :)

dk

911 GTS Cab
i also had a go on these new head phones, they look very wierd, as they ahve these bass ball things attached, the sound comes out of a hole in the U-shaped bars that sort of rest in your ear, very comfortable and a really good sound.

PFR-V1 Personal Field Speakers

• Open design headphones with audiophile grade front facing speakers
  • Separate bass reflex duct for natural, extended low frequency response
  • Full, open sound with minimal external leakage
  • Comfortable to wear design reduces ear pressure during extended wear
Delivering the ultimate ‘in the action’ listening experience, the PFR-V1 is a wearable speaker system that delivers audiophile sound reproduction with a supremely open, natural soundstage. Developed by Sony’s loudspeaker engineering team, the PFR-V1 is ideal for hi-fi, PlayStationTM and home cinema experiences that demand an immersive listening environment with powerful, uncompromised sound.

Compact, light and easy to wear for extended periods, the PFR-V1 presents a radical departure from conventional designs.

Mid and high-range frequencies are delivered by a pair of spherical driver units that are positioned directly facing the ear. This creates an open soundstage – just like listening to full-size loudspeakers rather than enclosed drivers that cut off the listener from the room’s natural ambience. Despite the ‘open’ design, external sound leakage is minimised due to the speakers’ proximity to the ears. Low frequencies are delivered directly to the ears by a newly developed extended reflex duct that provides a lossless bass effect. A supplied active sound booster allows switchable control of volume levels for even more powerful, dynamic sound.

Octy VRS
Today I saw the future of TV's being sold off for £199 a piece in our staff shop. Line of people going all the way down the corridor after queuing since 7.30.

i love sony but they are expensive for what they are

i heard someone was going to make an 15inch oled tv which would be cheaper then sonys but the company had no plans to at that time shame :(

Octy VRS
Some idiots will. At £199 it was pretty good, although I don't know what you would do with an 11" TV.

dk

911 GTS Cab
you could get them off ebay for £1200 at the time i wrote this or shortly afterwards, from japan.

i'd definitely have one for £200 though, in the kitchen or dining table.

I bought those digital noise cancelling headphones too, they are fantastic, better than the bose ones.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
mate got one for £200, now he doesn't know what to do with it, he's offered it to me, but for the life of me i can't tihnk what i'll use it for.

he also sorted me out with a set of these PFR-V1 Personal Field Speakers as above, awesome sound i must say. beat all the other headphones i've ever had. selling them though as i just don't use them enough.