ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

toca race driver 3

OLI

205 gti-6
bought the game for pc the other day.
it soooo good. :D
autosport clio championship and clio v6 championships are the best!

i dunno if anyone else has bought it on pc but ive started having trouble with it.
before the game loads up, the pc has to read the disc to make sure its genuine and now it comes up sayin "error, not a licensed disc" and all that shizzle:mad:

OLI

205 gti-6
alrite mate. i've been in contact with codemasters and they keep askin me the same questions over and over again!
also on the forum for the game, there are loads of people complainin about problems like this , glitches, crashin etc...

Monaro VXR
If you have a real copy of the cd make sure its in the 1st cd drive.

edited by Dave182 due to illegal advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Focus ST-2
OLI said:
bought the game for pc the other day.
it soooo good. :D
autosport clio championship and clio v6 championships are the best!

i dunno if anyone else has bought it on pc but ive started having trouble with it.
before the game loads up, the pc has to read the disc to make sure its genuine and now it comes up sayin "error, not a licensed disc" and all that shizzle:mad:

could be the firmware of your drive, used to have those problems all the time, till i upgraded the firmware, worth a shot.

OLI

205 gti-6
yeh, i managed to get it workin for a while and online is great, not much lag at all. then the problems returned!

Was thinking of buying that myself because of the Clio's can you tell me please:

1.Does it have a proper "cockpit view" with worlking dials and NO HUD?

2.How does it feel physics wise to rFactor and GTL?

3.Is it more Arcade or Simulation?

Thanks

Simon

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Is it Starforce protection on RD3? I know quite a few firms have had post-release issues with this. Usually fixed with a quick patch though.

The firmware idea is a very good one - certainly worth doing. OLI - pm me with your email address as I've downloaded a .bin file for your drive. Obviously, I can't guarantee that its safe or it will work! ;)

Also, I played the demo of this again at weekend and liked it. Then a while later, I had another go of GT Legends. My god - what a difference. GTL is so much more a drivers' simulation than RD3....

D.

Yaris Hybrid
I played the demo. I have an FX53 with an X800XT and a gig of RAM yet it ran about 1 frame per second and took about half an hour just to drive down a straight!!!! Something seriously wrong there! My PC mashes Doom 3 and HL2 into a pulp and plays them flat out in max detail so Codemasters need to do some bug fixing again!

Monaro VXR
Not had a problem with it mate. 1280x960 it wouldnt go to 1600x1200 with everything maxed out and it plays perfectly. Might have been something else to blame?

But its not kept me that entertained to be honest.

OLI

205 gti-6
game is pretty arcadey, but you can adjust it to pro-sim mode which is fukin difficult!
i love the way you can upgrade parts aswell, really creates an authentic experience. handling realism, sound, graphics are all spot on.

OLI

205 gti-6
SimonV6 said:
Was thinking of buying that myself because of the Clio's can you tell me please:

1.Does it have a proper "c**kpit view" with worlking dials and NO HUD?

2.How does it feel physics wise to rFactor and GTL?

3.Is it more Arcade or Simulation?

Thanks

Simon

game physics are excellent, damage is really good... makes you more careful in driving!
cockpit view is dissapointin as you cant see any dials. just part of dash but apparently an add-on is being made to adjust camera position

Monaro VXR
Dave182, The advice i gave isnt illegal its actually completely legal take a look in the agreement you get with the game you can create a backup of the game legally for your own use. This can then be mounted on an image drive howeve rot get past the copy protection built in to stop properly illegal copies of games you need starforce tools or to mount it on an image drive and disconnet the optical drives.

Creating digital images of games is not illegal distributing them is. Thats the basic agreement. Otherwise i would be buggered cause most of my games if they need cd's i rip to the harddrive cause i dont want the CD's to get damaged. and i then use vitrual cd drives to mount images on.

It is not actually illegal.

I would not have posted it if it was.

So can you please in future not edit my post when its something that could benefit people especially when its legal :/

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Toypop - you've definitely got something amiss there, m8. :S I ran the demo with my trusty 'ol 9800 Pro and it ran fine. Didn't have all the eye-candy switched on, but in 1280x1024 (or 980?) it was smooth enough...

D.

I haven't received my copy of Toca RD3 yet :( was apaprently posted first class on Friday, hmm.

If I had of gone by the crappy demo version of TOCA RD 2, I never would have bought the full game (Codemasters demos are never the finished article, must put off potential buyers - don't know why they do it), and that was great apart from sound card issues.

Toca RD2 did not get on with the on-board sound at all in any of my systems, yet would play fine on a MUCH lower specced system that had an add-in 16-bit 5.1Live blaster card.

Try lowering the sound quality if you are getting stutters/ low frame rates.

Previous versions have not liked cd/dvd drive emutators, so try disabling if you have one running. Also try blowing any dust out of your drive too.

Why the hell would you go to such great lengths to get round star-force if you had a legal copy?

Monaro VXR
cause starforce doesnt like certain cd drives it just refuses to work on them. So you then have to wait on a patch plus starforce is a pile of cack its badly written and installs extra s**t on your system.

And tries to make backups impossible yet the agreement is usually you can make a backup So when you phone and complain about it they sit there and go oh we can give you another backup of it provide us with your reciept and £10 and we will send you one back.

In otherwords its there to make extra money when the disks do get scrtached to bits as copies wont work without lots of faffing about.

I've used dozens of star force disks in 7 differnt systems I've owned in recent years the only trouble I've ever had was a bit of dust in one drive.

Looks like you're either extremely unlucky or you have duff equipment. If you have no resect for your own stuff, you can't blame codemasters if you scratch your own disks. That's like trying to claim on warranty after driving your clio into a tree, lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm intrigued as to how StarForce works. The extremes of getting around it with disconnected IDE cables and the like are just mad - go and buy the game, ffs! ;)

The only thing that fecks me off with copy-protection (in particular with SF) is p1ssing about - looking for the correct CDs/DVDs. Playing both GTR and GTL quite regularly gets on my wick for this....

D.

Darren S said:
I'm intrigued as to how StarForce works. The extremes of getting around it with disconnected IDE cables and the like are just mad - go and buy the game, ffs! ;)

The only thing that fecks me off with copy-protection (in particular with SF) is p1ssing about - looking for the correct CDs/DVDs. Playing both GTR and GTL quite regularly gets on my wick for this....

D.
Yeah, know what you are saying, I have more than one optical drive in both of my main sytems, one sytem set up for racing (so I don't have to keep moving the steering wheel) and a another set up for the likes of BF2 etc, which save on the disk swapping a little.

It does seem that the games that have star-force on them are generally the one I'd actually pay money for anyway *wink*

Monaro VXR
Disks get broke by accident i know my original BF1942 disk did. went to install it one day still in the box had been on the shelf and there was a nice crack in the disk which im thinking someone else in the house did and just decided not to tell me was a bit peeved then. But least i had a backup so wasnt a big deal was simple to replace myself.

A starforce disk on the otherhand is a pain in the arse. But the more annoying this is the fact it installs starforce into my system and its a piece of crap. My equipment deffinately isnt duff i have no problem playing the game however with the millions of possible hardware configs theres always gonna be compatibility problems. And starforce adds to this making it worse.

Know a few older games refused to work in DVD drives and would only work in CD drives because of copy protection.

But heres some information for you about why starforce is an absolute piece of cack.

http://www.glop.org/starforce/

Clio 182
Im really disapointed with it, it still doesnt feel like you actually 'driving' the car, its just feels so disconnected and arcady! Think ill take it back, doesnt seem any different from TRD2! Does anyone else get pissed off with the really strict qualifying rules?? Touch the f**king grass at all and they cancel your lap!:mad:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe if they merged the damage model, the choices of car and circuit of TRD3 and then used the physics engine and authenticity of GT Legends, they could make a true racing game.

I felt hopelessly 'disconnected' from TRD2 when using the wheel with it. Like Dan said, very arcadey. GTR and GT Legends had a brilliant, weighted feel to the force feedback - especially when mounting the kerb and the lightness of the wheel as the front-end lifts under hard acceleration. Quality coding there...:cool:

D.

Dan_mk1 said:
Im really disapointed with it, it still doesnt feel like you actually 'driving' the car, its just feels so disconnected and arcady! Think ill take it back, doesnt seem any different from TRD2! Does anyone else get pissed off with the really strict qualifying rules?? Touch the f**king grass at all and they cancel your lap!:mad:

Try and turn the pro handling on, handling becomes a little more realistic.

Yeah, I agree about the flag rules when you run off the track. It punishes you even if you are obviously not making an advantage.

Give it some time mate. On live it's awesome. :)