ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TOCA Race Driver 3 vs Real Life - Clio Cup

I think this must be online somewhere but I was given a DVD today with a TOCA Race Driver 3 documentary on it, Louise Brady drives a Clio Cup round Oulton Park, then does it on TOCA 3, a few screen shots for you as I don't think many are around of the Cup's in TOCA, looks brilliant!

56256346-M.jpg

56256350-M.jpg

56256352-M.jpg

56256349-M.jpg

56256342-M.jpg

56256344-M.jpg

VX220, Shogun
I don't normally bother with Playstation anymore but after noticing some adverts for these game it looks better than GT4. Has it been reviewed yet? Would be really annoying if it had all of the cars/tracks and the handling was unrealistic. Although i remember the first TOCA Race Driver being a laugh...

blacksheep said:
I don't normally bother with Playstation anymore but after noticing some adverts for these game it looks better than GT4. Has it been reviewed yet? Would be really annoying if it had all of the cars/tracks and the handling was unrealistic. Although i remember the first TOCA Race Driver being a laugh...

I personally put TOCA Race Driver 2 above GT4, it may not have the headline grabbing 700 cars or an inch perfect Nurburgring, but as a driving game it is far far superior, the AI actually has some intelligence for a start! GT4 excelled at time trials against no opponents and not much else, but TOCA 2 actually had a fun and tough game to complete.

I'm confident anyway, Pro-Simulation mode seems pretty harsh which is just the way I like it. It won't be FIA GTR hard, but it will be fun and pretty hard.

Megane Mk4
Now I'm in a pickle wheather to purchase it for the PC or the PS2 :(
Mmmm.. Decisions, decisions! :D

Andi

A silver Honda
SimonV6 said:
Can you drive "in car", or is this just another arcade type game?

Simon
On the old games you had a 'in cockpit' view complete with windscreen wipers:cool:

The TOCA games on the Playstation 1 were great, good opponent AI and car damage! which GT4 doesn't/'can't have.

VaVa
I have the demo on my xbox, and yes you can drive from the C-ockpit!!

One of the things I hated about the GT series was the lack of views!

Megane Trophy
I played it at autosport show, its trulely amazing for the racin fan. GT4 is more for car lovers not as such the die hard racing fans.

Fia GTR will take some beating as will GT Legends.
Im going to buy TRD3 for the ps2 though as its easier to upload and play against your mates!

bradfincham said:
I played it at autosport show, its trulely amazing for the racin fan. GT4 is more for car lovers not as such the die hard racing fans.

Fia GTR will take some beating as will GT Legends.
Im going to buy TRD3 for the ps2 though as its easier to upload and play against your mates!

Yeah GTR and GTL are on a different level with the realism, a big money PS2 game would never get that level of realism and difficulty, too risky and you would get all the "the handling is broke" comments when someone experiences huge understeer for the first time! TOCA is great as pure racing game (and it does have a nice in-car view) as the AI, damage and sense of speed is superb.

To answer a few questions, no XBox 360 version out next Friday. And I will try and upload the vid, but I think its available on the Codemaster site now.