ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To turbo charge or not to turbo charge?

clio 182
I would plan on keeping the Clio for a while because i do love it, but if i was to sell it and get a different car it would be one that is turbo charged. I think seeing as ive already spent a load on it having the gearbox done then i may aswell keep it anyway rather than loose money selling it.

I do love the idea of having work done to the engine and especially having a turbo conversion installed but seeing as im not very mechanically minded when it comes to specifics im still undecided.

I had no idea about mechanics and still dont but have gained a half decent understanding. I went through cars every 3 month but since ive had the clio turbo'd ive had it for 2 years which is a record by far. Put money into it and enjoy it and u wont want to sell it. When u have people like scoff (efi) and andy (clioturbo) your in safe hands.

When you think about it there aren't many cars that are faster than a Clio 172/182/200etc that dont cost an absolute shitload more to keep on the road vs the performance gain.

If you think a megane is the next "level up" from a 200 and how much more that costs to buy/run/insure/tax/fuel/etc/etc

RB Clio 182
Turboing my my clio is the best money i have spent on any car modding wise, its 270hp/248lbft and full boost is at near enough 3k.

Seriously it is the best money i have ever spent, its quick, very quick!

When boost comes in it feels like when you are taking off in an airplane on a runway, but in a lighter machine with more rattles, f**king awesome feeling!

Last edited:
I'd love to turbo mine if it was a case of 2.5k and done...but I'd need uprated suspension, brakes, tyres, lsd, clutch etc

RB Clio 182
I'd love to turbo mine if it was a case of 2.5k and done...but I'd need uprated suspension, brakes, tyres, lsd, clutch etc

You should have decent tyres anyway tbh?

Suspension, eibach or cook sports springs are sufficient with cup shocks tbh.

You get a an uprated clutch in clioturbo's stage 2/3 kit included.

An lsd would benefit, but tbh it comes out of corners fine, the clio chassis is awesome for good power imo.

Ph1
It doesn't ruin the way it drives at all as it's such a linear power band, it just feels like a very powerful N/A car.

When you said this mate, did you mean supercharged or turbo ?

Been in a s/charged one and the acceleration on tap is mind blowing.

The turbo'd 182 I saw at my last trackday a while ago looked like it needed an lsd....the thing was pouring smoke from its tyres at every corner and im sure I was faster in my Twingo lol

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Turbo cars aren't that bad to drive. Lag isn't an issue unless you're running ridiculous power and then you'd probably be running some form of anti lag.

It takes me longer to get my clio in the power than it does my 225. Hence the clio getting a snail strapped to it over the winter haha

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just picked mine up, Chris has worked magic. Just a remap and he found 43 more ponies
Chi's forged Clio 172 turbo making 300bhp: