ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To sell or to store?

RB FF 182
I'm contemplating selling my RB 182 and getting a crappy runabout for the winter or storing the Clio and doing the same. Clio is in pretty good nick so would be a good time to sell, but also that means would be good to have it for next summer. Just wanted to see what anyone else thought I should do as i can't make up my mind. Are prices likely to drop much from where they are now does anyone think? I'll probably buy another Renault sport next summer if I sell my current one.

Clio V6
I'd SORN it if you think you'll be wanting the use of another Clio next year.

This isn't the best time of the year to think about selling.

RB FF 182
Just would rather run a heap in the winter over wasting consumables on the Clio which will cost me more. Can buy a shed for a few hundred quid and loose nothing on it over 6 months then get back in the Clio. Saves a winters worth of corrosion and stone chips too. May not do it but just wanted to see what people thought. Anyone else do similar?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I imagine a few on here probably will do that.

Me personally wouldn't bother, would keep the money in my pocket for the Clio.

Should be fine over winter, if your really bothered about corrosion etc, you could under seal it.

Mine will be used loads over the winter and I can't see me having any issues.

Your choice at the end of the day though.

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
I can't see the point of storing it over the winter - it's not a rust prone classic. It's only a Clio. It'll be fine.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Anyone would think we get crazy winters that make roads impassable.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It's a pointless exercise IMO, unless it's in better condition that when it rolled of the production line (i.e. concourse). The next buyer isn't going to care that an 8 year old Clio spent it's 8th winter in a garage.

Clio V6
I can see where he's coming from though. When I had my first Vee I brought a couple of shitters to drive over 2 winters.

Both times I sold them on at a small profit plus was able to park them wherever I wanted, never bothered cleaning them and had fun in the snow.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Just stick it away for the winter mate, I've bought myself a little saxo vtr to runaround in and keep next year, the reason I dont want to use my car in the bad weather is I dont fancy some other clown crashing into it. It may be just a clio, but I'd prefer it being a straight clio and not a write off

RB 182 195bhp
As said just run it, maybe not in heavy snow etc, but if it is absolutly mint just store it, so much hassle of selling that one, then finding and buying another one after the winter, that the owner is going too have run over the winter, no point. Just store it up and get a shed if you really want too

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You'll probably pay more for a Clio of similar age or spec next spring / summer than you'll get trying to sell yours with Christmas coming.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
depends if its a good one-

There are still buyers about- if its a sub 40k racing blue then it will sell, but wont drop a MASSIVE amount till next summer because of the exclusivity of the spec & colour ( as long as miles are good)
if it was a 80k silver one then flog it...

S

renault clio 182
Just store in get a run around my last car mk3 Ibiza Cupra R i done it with two previous years and will be doing it with my RB too and I just steal the old dears car at night for my run around

BMW E46 330ci Sport
Neither option, just keep it on the road. The youngest a 182 can be is a 55 plate so its already done 6 -7 winters. I'm sure it will survive another one at least, fingers crossed.