ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To hell with catalyic converters

My one is rattling and all i want is a new one but i got a weird problem. All over ebay and other sites the cat that is 'meant' for my car has a flexi hose and slightly different angles to the one on my car.

The ones on ebay/sites that look like they will fit are for 8v engines but mines 16v.
Is it possible my car has an 8v cat?

Its a 1.2 MK2 2004.
I beleive renault changed the cat on the clio 2 sometime during 2004?

This is starting to do my head in and cant find a way out. Im not paying 600 for one from renault.

Can anyone help me in terms of decatting my 1.2 16v?
Do i just cut the actual cat 'box' off and weld a straight pipe in its place?
Has anyone on here decatted a 1.2? How does it run after?

Ph2 172
Some of them do look weird like they wont fit, but different aftermarket manufacturers go for different designs. Ive had some that look nothing like the ones on the car and it still fits.

My advice is to call up your local exhaust supplier & get prices. Their prices are usually in line with the Ebay shops anyway. And, if it turns out to be the wrong exhaust you can take it back to the shop & swap it, rather than paying dollar and wasting time sending it back to an online supplier.
Find a proper exhaust supplier, make Kwik Fit ( :dead: ) your last call.