ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To decat or not...

500 Twinair
I noticed this morning that my cat is cracked in two places, a bit annoyed considering this is my third cat, all been replaced by renault free of charge.
Now I am considering de-carting the 182, but not sure, the car runs a yozza at the mo...

you'l stil need the cat come MOT time though, so just get another from renault FOC if you can, and then decat and save the cat for when you need it.

Jap Shed
you cant claim on your insurance if your involved in a crash which doesnt give you the oppertunity to remove it in time. dont bother.

Jap Shed
Well if its written off you cant drive it away, what if you dont have the oppertunity to remove it or you cant get to the bolts due to damage?

Ph 1 172
some insurance companys insure them!!!!or atleast allow you to declare them! call your insuance company up to see if they will declare it

260% JCW
Decat mate, worked in a garage before. And in the 4 years i worked there never once saw an insurance assesor get on is hands and knees to look under the car and check to see if the cat was there or not. Ignore the doo gooders.