ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To cup, or not to cup...... that is the question

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I used to have a cup, and I've now got a fatty.

clio182.jpg

I think I prefer the fatty. (which will soon be for sale ;) )

Thats a s**t hot picture!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I have just read both pages in full.......... and I am still no further on, ha ha

I guess I just need to piss about, driving a few, and then buy whichever my heart says

If it must be a ph2 then 172 cup with recaro's. If I could do it all again I'd have that.

Cup = Less to go wrong - Cheaper servicing.
Recaro's = nicer than "FF" interior and who uses the rear seats/aircon anyway

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I prefered the FF as it came with all the extra's that arnt on the cup. My thinking was, these can always be removed if I want to make it the same as the cup.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Spees 172 Cup was good- with trendlines

I could trade my sportsters down to trendlines-

S

rb182 cup
i had a cup (til some git in an audi hit me)...aircon or abs wasnt an issue with me,still a fun car. now ive got a 182 cup

RS250, 182, 172
What about a black Ph1 with Ph2 rear lights running on OZ ultras or dynamics pro race? Bit old school with a bit of modern smartening up!

we debated long and hard , no aircon in a cup was a big no no , as if in reality you actually spend a couple of hours a day in the car then there is a good chance its essential , liked the cup look and lightness ,have to agree the interior is poor , however the 172 interior isn't huge amounts better .

So we ended up getting a cup with aircon , the seats will eventually go and recaros fitted if she likes commuting in it ....

so my view cup + aircon + recaro's

what cruise control and traction ??
And ABS (which also makes it easier to insure).

Newer, not really 172's went up too 04 which is when the 182 was made ! :rasp:
Of course. I forgot the 182 was only made in 2004.

If you read the post the op wants a 172!
Oh yeah! I didn't read the OP or thread title when I opened and replied to this thread. Cheers dude, nice one. We're so lucky the forum has members like you.

PB Clio 172
ABS easier to insure? what have you been smoking?

Yes and

The whole point of a forum is too help out the OP with his thread. He wants a 172 as per title and you tell him he should get a 182. Yeah really helps..

i can see that the insurance may be cheaper on a car with abs as this does reduce incidents of locking up and hitting the car in front ,considerably . how much it weights the policy i don't know but a higher ncap saftey rating ha an effect and i assume no abs or traction musat lower it ?

yep i agree they will have model specific loading to policy's , and i can say our 172 cup wasn't exactly cheap to insure

Glacier White RS200
Ive only owned a 182 FF, so cant really compare, but i find it has everything, all the toys and power if needed, i personally would always have a FF :)

350z, Subaru Legacy
If I was going to get another Mk2 Clio, I'd probably just pick up a cheap 172 with some decent recent history. The differences between these cars is negligible when it comes to chucking it round a corner or planting your foot on a straight.

Edit: Probably try and get myself a flamer thinking about it, ph1 or 2 - lovely colour.