ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanium 182, My Ownership Diary.

Italian 3.2 V6
Ok so here is my 3rd Diary of ownership on my 3rd R.S.

Been over a year since I was last in my old LY 182. So it was nice to get back into one from the s**tty mk3 DCI!

Car is 05 plate with 86k on the clock with 2 prev owners!

Today the rain had held off so I was straight out side to give it it's first clean in my hands. Came across no scratches or dents or paint defects which was great news! All rubber seals are in great nik, plastic arnt faded much either! Only things needing sorting is the splitter needs fixed back into place, the headlights need polished up, wheels need a refurb too! Exhaust tips needed a polish so once it was was cleaned that was my first job! What a difference :)

8300506266_ecd2ee8b06_z.jpg

182 by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

8299456281_743d8e371b_z.jpg

Once the weather gets better I'm going to give it a full Detail to help bring the paint out and get it mint! Loads of tar spots which need sorting too but is looking well for now.

8299458259_bcddb0c9bd_z.jpg

8300512068_91e561c2b9_z.jpg

Took it down the road to the village hall for some more pics.
8300514094_81d986aeb9_z.jpg

8299465063_7dda237720_z.jpg

8300518634_52ac04bf26_z.jpg

8300520792_35df7a3902_z.jpg

Here's the list of mods which are currently on the car
- Weitec Coilovers (look very new, in great condition)
- Cat back exhaust system (think its a Yozza but not 100%)
- V6 Air Box
- Front strut brace
- Grooved front disks

Car runs great and goes well. It has a few little things which need fixing & sorting out but all minor issues which is good and will update accordingly!*

Cheers, Piers.

Clio 197
Looking brill , just gave my newly acquired titanium 182 it's first wash today, the silver hides the dirt well but much much better once cleaned.

What products did you use out of interest ? I was planning to give it a QD after wash but decided I will wait until I can give it the full clay/polish/wax at a later date - time & weather permitting .

How does it ride on the coilovers ? Not heard of that type before..
Pete

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That looks great! I need to get myself some washer blanks, they look great on the titanium! Enjoy it :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
That looks mint but it does seem to tilt forward quite far.

Also, are your front tyres low on air ?

Sam!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Looks lovely. Interested to see what you do with it, your flamer inspired many bits on mine so I know that Titanium is in a safe pair of hands :)

I prefer clios with a bit of rake, ride set up looks very similar to mine. Needs some spacers though. Looks like a good buy.

107 Track Car & C4
Looks lovely, best colour - not as though I'm biased ;)

What did you use on the exhaust pipes?

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers guys :)

i just used Zymol's car shampoo and Autoglyms glass cleaner, tyre shine & their metal polish for the exhaust. Although i did use a fine grade wirewool for the exhaust before using the metal polish. It wasnt worth doing a big clean with all this rain were having at the mo so saving the gear for the better weather.

Yea the stance is very aggressive.. Once i get spacers for it il adjust the ride hight to suit & flatten it out a tad, probs just lower the rear abit to sort it. Tyres do need pumped up at tad also lol.

Thanks Cub 172, Good to know my previous Rs's gave insparation to other members :D yup spacers is one of the future changes to come ;)

Piers.

Clio 172
Looks lovely, best colour - not as though I'm biased ;)

What did you use on the exhaust pipes?

Brasso also works surprisingly well on stainless exhaust pipes, i done mine last month when they were minging and it brung them up like new.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Looks cool mate, be interesting to see how it handles on the coilovers at that height, think its probably a bit low for a max attack run out up hartside etc. function over form on a road car for me, your yellow one was perfect on roads around here.
Russ

Italian 3.2 V6
Thanks again guys!

Russ, yea the front is rather low tbh.. Probs would be better just raising the front a little bit rather than lowering the rear anymore, that will help with blasts over hartside etc plus even the stance out :)

Italian 3.2 V6
Update

Since the first update had the following done on the car..

Had it serviced and a few bits sorted like rattley heat shield & tracking sorted out - drives SO much better now, alot more confident behind the wheel.*

Also bought front & back Silver/Clear indicator bulbs as I hate the OEM orange ones & got around to polishing up the headlights.. Now the front looks alot more fresh! Below are the before and after pics.. Please note the top of the headlight were the indicator is, how worn and discoloured the casing has become.

8322470434_4faf49b80c_z.jpg

Before by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

8321412797_27ede1a6be_z.jpg

Before by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

8322478060_9408df9460_z.jpg

After by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

8322482464_5426dde076_z.jpg

After by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

Then yesterday went on a wet and miserable meet to Moffat & back. Was the first time to really stretch the cars legs but due to the awful conditions this wasnt really doable :( the cheap tyres on the car also didn't help, car felt very unstable on the back roads! Worst iv ever witnessed tbh so these need changing ASAP! Roads were epic just a shame about the weather, here's some pics from the drive..

8317472177_0bf1b2839d_z.jpg

Moffat to Carlisle by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

8318532150_a7455be1fd_z.jpg

8318538518_87cbbc6a1f_z.jpg

8317484923_56e00dcb8e_z.jpg

The car was obviously pitted from the drive the day before so today had a couple mates over to clean the cars, then decided to take a few quick snaps at the village hall again..

8321426581_554b6e98c9_z.jpg

Mini Meet by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

8321429951_e13cdf74a9_z.jpg

8321435223_6b5c120a82_z.jpg

8321438689_2c1daf3427_z.jpg

8322502200_63a162a764_z.jpg

Untitled by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

..and that's it up to now, got a few more bits on order and still a few bits to sort on the car so should have another update later next week.*

Cheers, Piers.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
FFS mine has to be the highest 182 in Cumbria.. Im gonna have to buy coilovers.

Car looks good mate, any more plans?

Italian 3.2 V6
Defo mark, they look so much better lower.. Got a few plans but youll have to wait and see ;)

Cheers Danny, yea i always wanted them on my previous 172 & 182 but they were hard to come by and expensive so always missed out on them. But they really tidy the front up :)

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers, no there not the OEM cup colour, they have like a blue tint to them. Unfortunatly i dont know what its called :(

Italian 3.2 V6
Got them fired on this morning.. Need to put some more air in the tyres and lower the rear before I get proper pictures up.

8337988898_f12771024d_z.jpg

O.Z's by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

Personally I love them!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yep jealous... Fucker..

This is the look id have gone for if I went for a Titanium..

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea I'm proper over the moon with them, Wraped in awesome tyres on too (Goodyear F1's) :D

Danny, I'm not sure on the disks as they were already on the car when I bought it..

Italian 3.2 V6
Cheers, the rear needs lowering now though as with the new wheels being smaller it just doesn't look right. Front is bang on though. Yea its suprising how the clear indicator bulbs tidy up the front of the car over the horrid OEM orange ones!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That looks great! I do love the cup wheels on the titanium 182's but I have a soft spot for the OZ's.

Arctic Blue 182FF
Wheels look epic mate, so jealous - I want some ultra-leggys!:dapprove:

Just out of curiousity, are they 15"? Cannot wait to see the rest of the set :p

Italian 3.2 V6
Update

So the the day after fitting the new Oz Ultra's I went out to Hartside and thought I'd do something abit different. it's well worth a read as it seemed to get a good response which I was over the moon about. Here is the link to the thread..
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?676083-The-BEST-Tenner-iv-spent-for-over-14months!
8341397825_73da307541_z.jpg

Hartside by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

Yesterday I went to Hartside again and did some action shot of my mates, here was one I got of mine ;)

8346481860_4f4dcee441_z.jpg

Hartside by PSJHodgson, on Flickr

Then today, I cleaned the car as it was pitted from the Hartside hooning, so it was bath time!

8349205385_b5223e78c3_z.jpg

8349208099_478bb99b2d_z.jpg

8350273164_91d060fb2f_z.jpg

8349212871_ed7233cba2_z.jpg

I'm so chuffed with the car now, I think it's looking just about bang on! A few more ideas yet but only minor bits. Also that Yozza is epic, anyone thinking of buying an exhaust it MUST be a Yozza! I also HIGHLY rate the Goodyear eagle F1 tyres, very impressive!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
The cars looking really good mate. And you're so right about the Yozza's, I had a good drive in mine today and they sound so nice! are you running a decat?

Italian 3.2 V6
No not running a Decat, it's loud enough as it is lol! Its got a V6 airbox which also adds a nice note. I never relised how good it sounded until my friend drove it today, cracks and pops more than I thought too! :hail: