ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tiny dent on front bonnet

RB 182
hi after closing the bonnet on my clio ever so lightly it has made a little dent on the soft part of the bonnet, right at the front , i am sure it would just pop out but was wondering if there was anything i could try to get it out before i pay and take it somewhere? thanks all

Renault Clio
mine went like that, i didnt wanna risk it and put it back myself so i took it down to my local garage, im not sure how much it cost though hun

Jagggg...missing the 182!
a local garage to repair dents???? whats the average spanner monkey to do with a dent? try and ease it out with a tyre lever??

keep away from them, bodyshop or a chips away type place.

RB 182
haha well i wasnt sure myself but the other guy said he took it down to his garage so i questioned it

Depending where it is on the bonnet, you might not be able to get at the underside of it to whack it out.

Jagggg...missing the 182!
probably find if its not a single skin, a bodyshop will want to fill and paint the dent. say no.

need to find a dent/chips repair, some of them have the kit to repair externally, basically pulling the dent out instead of pushing, if its the case cant get to the back of the dent,

also, youll find the bonnet will dent as soon as you hit a small fly anyway!

R14 CUP
I had the same problem, i had it taken out for £10.

A proper Dent removal company will be able to sort it, without marking the paintwork

RB 182
i have been quoted £40 per panel from a dent guy, i have 3 in total inc the bonnet one, so £120 for all 3 , i think it seems quite steep though because ive read that some people have had there whole car done for like £50 , so not sure what to do...

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
i have the same thing on my bonnet, getting it done for free for a mate that works at a bodyshop lol

bmw e92 330d '09
i have been quoted £40 per panel from a dent guy, i have 3 in total inc the bonnet one, so £120 for all 3 , i think it seems quite steep though because ive read that some people have had there whole car done for like £50 , so not sure what to do...

shop arround... how did you even manage to do it in the first place?

RB 182
hi after closing the bonnet on my clio ever so lightly it has made a little dent on the soft part of the bonnet, right at the front , i am sure it would just pop out but was wondering if there was anything i could try to get it out before i pay and take it somewhere? thanks all

^

Mk2 Clio,Courier 1.8 DCAT
use a plunger.

pour a cup of water over the dent, get a bodywork plunger and pull the dent out carefully, as best you can, you might not be able to get it perfect, just make sure you quit while you're ahead and its much smaller. DO NOT go crazy cos your bonnet will stretch and look ridiculous lol.

at least if the dent is smaller you can either live with it or it might not cost so much to have done?

Rob.