ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tinting rear window.

How do you do this? I tried doing it and failed miserably! :( It was creasing and all sorts when I tried to push the air bubbles out. It will be the finishing touch to my stealth mobile.

The rear one is impossible mate because of the curvage. Someone I know did it on his Astra, did the rear two and had to pay someone to professionally do his rear as he failed miserably!

I made the mistake of buying cheap tint film aswell. Gave up after half an hour.

Ill probably get someone to do the rear one and ill do the rear door 1s myself.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
need to heat it up loads, that makes it shrink to the window,

i watched a professional place do mine,

took them 3 tries tho :S

wouldnt wna try it myself really lol

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
it has to be done in 2 strips sometimes 3. you can hide the joins along the heating strip on the window. It's impossible to do with the tint that you can get from halfrauds. you need to get some professional stuff off ebay which is alot easier to work with.

Jaff

1.2 Clio
Had mine done professionally, first time, no probs. one sheet.
Sent mate there (with clio), one sheet, no probs!

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Get an old squirty bottle, fill it with soapy water. Spray the soapy water on the rear window and the tint film. Put it on, push the air bubbles out. Push the air bubbles to the closest edge. Then, as has been said, any you cant push out heat up with a hair dryer

The soapy water will let you move the tint film easily, and wont stop it sticking when it drys

Good luck

MG ZR 160 VVC
just get a pro to do it, will look so much better. Mine cost me £30 and the film is like £20 from stores so well worth it. Did the side ones myself tho, cause their easier.