ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

timing belt fitting!!

clio 172 mk1
hey guys anyone from aberdeen area on here able to do it or help me to fit a new timing belt? as £450 is robbery if not i will attempt myself

cheers

shaun

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
wheres that from? reno up tullos? (their workmanship is pretty decent for a reno garage!)

clio 172 mk1
no auto quick, i wasd on the phone to renault for about half an hour and gave up!! waste of time, i will just do it myself and take off two days 2 do it

Wav

ph1 172 + trackfd3s rx7
I have the tools, you can borrow them for £20 plus postage costs. PM me if interested. Total cost of parts is around £170. 2 renault cam plugs, timing belt and tensioners plus aux. belt.

Paul

clio 172 mk1
that actually sounds quite cheap but i havent done a timing belt as complex as im guessing this one is going to be and if i f**k it up then......

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Change the clutch... really a nightmare
DSC08728.gif

LY 182
subframe out the way, box off etc etc, bugger of a job
does the subframe need to come down, can the box not be dragged to one side enough to get your hand in there?
last one i did like that was a citreon relay van,, my 1.2 needs a clutch soon but if its subframe down fooked if im doing that on my day off il be taking it to mr clutch :lolup:

ITB'd Ph1 172
last time a customer tried to do the cam belt without the tools (the engine kinda hit iteself inside)

Ph1 172, Mini 2.0l T
Just done my cambelt+tensioners, aux belt+tensioners+spring and water pump this weekend. Not too difficult just lack of space. The locking tools are pretty cheap compared to the other parts and it was well worth the saving over a main dealer. Get the copy of the 172 manual which is kicking around the web as it make things alot easier. You only need the crank locking tool and cam locking tool as your not adjusting the timing just stopping things moving.