ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to get a 4?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Contemplating this. Recently came into a bit of dollar, which is very rare for me. And as it is rare for me I was thinking "If I spend £500 on an iPhone 4, will I regret it come April when something new comes out...?".

That's forever my paranoia when it comes to Apple stuff. I got the 3G just at the right time, when it was brand spanking. So I got a good year out of it before it felt out of date, and even after the S it still was mmmkay.

What think?

/uselessteenwhocan'tmakehisowndecisions.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Naa on contract but fed up of the Blackberry. I'd just switch the Blackberry data charge for the Unlimited data. I'm on Orange so they're pretty flexible.

Yeah duck, kinda what I'm thinking. Although after £200 and 18months of £37.50 on my last iPhone....

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Either:

a) buy a 4 on an 18 month contract, so it will be due an upgrade just as the 6th gen iphone comes out
b) if your buying outright wait for the 5th gen iphone.

All imo of course, I chose option a this time last year with the 3gs, and while i can see the benefits of the 4 I am not too bothered about having the last gen phone.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, the 5th will most likely come out in June or July, if history is anything to go by.

Track 172cup
Either:

a) buy a 4 on an 18 month contract, so it will be due an upgrade just as the 6th gen iphone comes out
b) if your buying outright wait for the 5th gen iphone.

All imo of course, I chose option a this time last year with the 3gs, and while i can see the benefits of the 4 I am not too bothered about having the last gen phone.

i've been caught between the 2 options for a bit now, not sure to just wait for the 5 (which will more than likely be very similar to the 4, like the 3G and 3GS) or get a 4 the now on an 18 month and be ready for the 6 which (with a few assumptions) will be a totally 'new' phone.............

lol i don't think the leap from 3gs to 4 was much.

It was the biggest leap yet.

Nobody knows what the next one will do. Nobody could have predicted the 4 and it's screen, despite the advanced views via Gizomodo.

Just buy it and then sell it for the next one. You'll still get a decent wedge for it. A 3GS is still going for 300..

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Im rolling with white 3GS. Im waiting for the 5 in 6 months. Pretty sure it will be epic. Lets use the 4 as a testing model and the 5 as the perfected one.. Boom

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Camera, screen, speed, styling...

Camera- Never use it, and every phone camera is crap anyway.
Screen- Granted it's better, but it's not a OMG it's amazinf must buy an iphone 4 amazing.
Speed, 3gs does everything instant appart from loading apps?
Styling, 3GS looks better- as prooved on the gadget show.

Well you're wrong on the first 3. Regardless of phone cameras not being the same as an SLR, it's better than the 3GS by a considerable amount. There's also two of them. The screen is infinitely better. Anyone who says differently needs their eyes testing. It's faster doing everything. Apps. Webpages. All of it. Anything the 3GS does, the 4 does quicker.

The last part you're also wrong. You can't 'prove' that one thing looks better than anything else. It's opinion.

LY 182
Lol very well said.

Side by side, the screen is so much better. If you see and use a 4 you'll realize 3GS = Poverty.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
All fair points, and remember i'm not saying it's not a better phone, as it is.

I'm saying it's not massively different to a 3GS. Which "In my opinion" it isn't.

Clio 182 cup'd
Camera- Never use it, and every phone camera is crap anyway.
Screen- Granted it's better, but it's not a OMG it's amazinf must buy an iphone 4 amazing.
Speed, 3gs does everything instant appart from loading apps?
Styling, 3GS looks better- as prooved on the gadget show.

Camera - its not my fault you don't use it, but it is better.
Screen - it is better
Speed - it is faster
Styling - personal preference

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
For the average 3GS user who picks a 4 up for a few min, you wont find any serious differences. Infact its probably not worth moving if you are happy with your 3GS.

However, im never happy.
  • The 4's camera is a MASSIVE improvement, especially in video and low light conditions.
  • You can't play gun range with a 3GS
  • Its hugely faster in certain 3g download situations
  • The screen is a triumph, it really is. With proper apps there is no way in hell you'd get me back to the frankly fuzzy screens of old.
  • Its a bit faster at just doing stuff
  • battery is much better
  • facetime (if you use it) is superb.
  • better build quality

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Get the 4.

I got one last week, in hindsight i should've went 32GB :(.

7.2GB used already, although that was restoring the setup from my 3GS so it was an exact replica.

White iPhone are for massive c***s. Basically.

Yes, iPhone 4s are expensive, but any one who appreciates design and engineering knows why. The rest whine about how how expensive they are. Then go home with an inferior device.

Never above 25mpg
Screen is incredible. I constantly pester the old man with his 3G now about how good the screen on my 4 is.

I switched on my 3GS the other day to charge the battery, and the screen was f**king laughable man. No idea how even paupers would put up with it.