ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to chip...

Engles Mummy
I got £300 to spend on a chip (better be one mother f**king good chip)

Where the hell do I start?

Suggestions please boys...

Adam

Civic Type-R
dunno if harrods do chips? lol

um thinking of getting it done myself so would be interested in some suggestions aswell!

VaVa
Rsport/groupN.

On all of the fastest Cups on here. No bullshit horsepower claims - it just make the car quicker. Better throttle response, improved torque. lovely.

Custom remap is the only way to go. IE Chipwizards/Yozzasport/(Another company my name escapes me) etc.
Chruis and Nics is quick but then again it was quick anway it is just for some reason a quick one.

I planing on having a custom re-map done to my car soon. I will be using Sanspeed in Bexleyheath. They use the off the shelf Superchips re-map as a base and then modify the programe to get the best out of my current set-up etc.

Total cost inc rolling road £350.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lagerlout1 said:
Rsport/groupN.

On all of the fastest Cups on here. No bullsh*t horsepower claims - it just make the car quicker. Better throttle response, improved torque. lovely.

i have one of these, de cat and zorst, and in a race with a standard 172, (well engine zorst wise) i overtook it.... easily, and he was trying

do it, its made a differece to mine :cool:

VaVa
I have GrpN, Hillpower Inlet manifold, cat back and ITG Maxogen and standard 172's/Cups don't pose much of a threat to me either lol.

The Group N ECU was by far and away the best mod....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
agreed, for a bolt on mod wich you can do yourself its worth it, mine was a bbtuning ecu, which i believe is a fast chip reflash anyway?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
justinRT said:
Where could i get a RenaultSport Chip from? or the group N? are they the same?

think the r sports have a high idle speed, a bb group N unit have a normal idle speed

i heard this place is good adam. cheap as chips too

armitages_fish_and_chip_shop.jpg

doris here will sort you out, she likes younger sort, so u might get a discount.

chip_shop_325.jpg

SLK 350
Superchips are generic maps, they make stupid ridiculous claims which aren't backed up by solid results. If companies make false claims, then that must mean their products are poo. Theres better products available.

ozzyo99 said:
Superchips are generic maps, they make stupid ridiculous claims which aren't backed up by solid results. If companies make false claims, then that must mean their products are poo. Theres better products available.

That must be why they are the market leader in the UK and have been since 1978.

And why VW Racing in the UK use them for there racing GTI's.

I guess its becasue they are the biggest and have been around for a while that they are easier to knock.

SLK 350
Market leader? Maybe by volume sales, on pure virtue that they are a huge franchise in comparison to tuning companies. Market leader, because they are a franchise, because they advertise in every magazine weekly, because they churn out generic graphs quoting that the kid with his Nova SR can juice 12bhp from his car - people love to think that's the case.

Using your rationale of "market leader is king" then McDonalds also make the best food, using the tastiest ingredients across the land, and because they advertise and have been around since the 80's they MUST be good!

Now im sure your aware (i hope) that in fact McDonalds is fking awful food, and that better food and service can be found by walking down any highstreet in the country to a proper food outlet.

My point is clear, they are not the best and they never will be. They do however sell lots of chips, because like McDonalds people know of them, and they're convenient. Make them the best? No. Jack of all, master of none springs to mind.

Oh and as for the VW motorsport, do you REALLY think that because they sponser these events that it's because they're the best? They sponser them because they have a sh1t load more cash than any other tuning company, and can throw cash at the contract and outbid anybody. Then because people like you see their spiel, they naturally assume they must be the best, that their claims and graphs are also spot on....woeeeii another sale.

Yozzasport/GDI/Angelworks/Hillpower/RS-Tuning - All will provide a more personal service along with better performance.

Market leader means sweet fa.

Focus ST
ozzyo99 said:
Market leader? Maybe by volume sales, on pure virtue that they are a huge franchise in comparison to tuning companies. Market leader, because they are a franchise, because they advertise in every magazine weekly, because they churn out generic graphs quoting that the kid with his Nova SR can juice 12bhp from his car - people love to think that's the case.

Using your rationale of "market leader is king" then McDonalds also make the best food, using the tastiest ingredients across the land, and because they advertise and have been around since the 80's they MUST be good!

Now im sure your aware (i hope) that in fact McDonalds is fking awful food, and that better food and service can be found by walking down any highstreet in the country to a proper food outlet.

My point is clear, they are not the best and they never will be. They do however sell lots of chips, because like McDonalds people know of them, and they're convenient. Make them the best? No. Jack of all, master of none springs to mind.

Oh and as for the VW motorsport, do you REALLY think that because they sponser these events that it's because they're the best? They sponser them because they have a sh1t load more cash than any other tuning company, and can throw cash at the contract and outbid anybody. Then because people like you see their spiel, they naturally assume they must be the best, that their claims and graphs are also spot on....woeeeii another sale.

Yozzasport/GDI/Angelworks/Hillpower/RS-Tuning - All will provide a more personal service along with better performance.

Easy tiger!!! ;)

ozzyo99 said:

What a load of waffel. :rasp:

I never said they were the best, only pointing out that they can't be 'poo' if they are successful and been around for so long.

VaVa
Superchips/ GroupN / Pmurray /BBPT are all 'generic' maps.... just like the car came with a generic map. Only the upgraded generic maps are tuned towards performance rather than an overall compromise like the standard map.

Doesn't mean they are bad. In fact, the generic maps are tried and tested and if you've got a standard-ish car I can't see how a full custom map for you car is going to make that much difference to a 2.0 NA...... If you have cams, bodies etc then sure... but an induction kit and an exhaust... not so sure.

ozzyo99 said:
Waffle? No.

Just reasoning why Superchips are not as super as they, and some people like to make out.

Maybe in your opinion but where is the proof or factual evidence?

Superchips might not be as you claim to be the best but I find coming out with comments that "Superchip are poo" dosen't help anyone make a desision as to what product to use/buy.

I haven't made my mind up yet as to which product to use, and many people have actually said to me get the Renaultsport Group'n' ECU as above - but Renault never made one for the 182!

I believe the best chip / programmer should not just produce the highest peak power but also have a nice compromise against power & torque and just as important remove any flat spots etc. Most companies claim up to 10% increase but this does not mean 10% more peak power as it could be anywhere along the rev range.

SLK 350
Basically what im saying is, don't fall for their bull, anybody can post graphs from tweaked dyno's. Personally i'd be going for a Group N, or Rsport remap from someone like RS-Tuning at £275. Solid results posted by users who appreciate drivability.

I understand saying superchips are poo, is not extremely helpful which is why i felt the need to, in your words "waffel" about why they are pap.

Go for a Clio tuning company, all the advice under the sun and a good product on top.

Nippy white cup
edde said:
Custom remap is the only way to go. IE Chipwizards/Yozzasport/(Another company my name escapes me) etc.
Chruis and Nics is quick but then again it was quick anway it is just for some reason a quick one.

This might be true but that would mean I`m very lucky...I got a new engine 10k miles ago and it is pretty much just as fast as the old one. I agree with Lager that it is a fantasic mod but I do have quite afew flat spots that I reckon a remap would sort. Not bothereing getting cams as it is /will be quick enough without spending a fortune on it...

Chris

Turbos.
Ozzy, do you have any proof that Superchips are pants other than what you have read? At the end of the day i can't see why a Superchips remap (which come with a warranty) would be any worse than any other 'off the shelf' remap.

The guy referred to Sanspeed, who are a well known and he mentioned they are customising the map for him, so what is poo about that?

It's all very easy to wade in on a company when you know nothing bad will happen to you... Can you really blame Superchips for making a song and dance about the best results they get? Unless you can categorically prove they are liars then maybe it's wise not to **** them off.

With the power of the internet, a company's reputation can be written off in days. I know Superchips seems big and faceless but just remember behind any company there is people, and families, and mouths to feed. Slate when you have proof by all means, but otherwise, shut it!

Lionel Richie
nothing wrong with superchips, a forum member is one of the programming geeks there, they know their stuff!

SLK 350
Yeh Geoff off here works for Superchips.

Basically IMO the brand suffers because it's too big. It's luck of the draw whether you get some monkey fit it for you, or whether your area has a decent reputation for fitting.

There was a guy on here who had a SC fitted to a 182. Was something like 6bhp he gained, and they quote 10bhp. Personally just their over estimations of their chips capability annoys me.

I've no doubt the torque curve is better than OE format. But personally I wouldn't be throwing my money at SC, i'd be taking it to Angelworks.

As for telling me to "shut it!" Cliobuyer, lmfao.

Renaultsport 220T
Sanspeed quote up to 8bhp for the 182.

Ozzy have you ever heard of Sanspeed before you go slagging them off them?

As cliobuyer said, slate them when you have proof!