ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ticky sounds from 1.2 16v

ive had my 1.216v billabong for a week now, its done just over 400 miles. ive drove moderateley since day 1, however, ive not entireley stuck to the "running in rules". for example, it has seen more than 3,500 RPM.

ive noticed the engine has a ticky sound in low gears, when idling, and accelerating. kinda like the old 1.1 fiestas, but not as bad.

i was wondering if this is just how these engines sound anywa, as they are small, or is it as a result of me driving it a bit too hard considering its brand new?

help!!! :confused:

Erm well im not entirely sure what ticky sounds like but i cant remember anything like that on mine. Its hardly a beast of an engine but when its on cam it sounds alright.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

my missuses 1.2 16v has been a bit ticky from day1 renault say its normal

IVE GOT THE BILLABONG AND I GOT THOSE WEIRD NOISES 2 RENUALT TOLD ME TO POP BUY 1 DAY AND THEY WOULD HAVE A LOOK THEY DIDNT SOUND TO CONCERNED ABOUT THE PROBLEM