ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ticking noise when going over 2k

172cup/ insignia
I got the car back last night from renault after taking it in to check it over as i can hear a ticking noise (quite faint but i can still hear it) just under the revs when you go over about 2k revs. Their mechanic said he cudnt hear it and nothing on diagnostic machine, but he says it could be injectors and told me to try using v power fuel. Anyone got any ideas what it could be are is it just me.

172cup/ insignia
im not sure on the oil its up to the full line and looks nice and clean but might do it some good having a oil, filter and plugs, today i had a empty peace of A road to drive on it sounds like its coming from centre of car (i could be wrong) could exhaust be blowing as its quite loud when i put my head out the window

Clio 197
to check the exhaust wait until the engine is hot and on a cool day today you will be able to see the steam escaping , if you can't see anything see if you can feel anything on your hand

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
i had a similar issue with my ek9, turned out to be a shagged exhaust manifold gasket (block to manifold). Although if the car was right up to temp the ticking became really quiet. Noisey as fook on cold starts!

172cup/ insignia
cars going for a service next week and a good health check at my freinds garage hes gunna chec cambelt etc for me as he thinks its bein put on to tight

Ph1
Ticking noise on mine a good few years back turned out to be one of the auxiliary pulleys which had a chunk cracked out of it.

Could be a number of things though