ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticking Noise Coming From Somewhere !?!? Help!

MINI FJCW
Basically have a problem thats only just started occurring in the past few days.

Its a ticking noise that sounds like rain drops, and it constantly happens when the car is moving, not when its idle.

Sounds like its coming from around my driver door area, and its not the door nor is it any of the shoddy Renault interior surprisingly.

This is so annoying and has really baffled me :mad:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

MINI FJCW
Right according to a friend of mine, he reckons its the carbon canister.

Can anyone shed some light into this in how to resolve the matter?

Thanks.

182 (Conversion)
It's not the canister it's the solenoid on the top of it. You can unplug it (behind OSF drivers light) just to check.

(I've got the same "problem", literally 100s of posts on it)

MINI FJCW
Ok thanks for the replies guys.

Is it an expensive job? Have spent so much repairing my car its ridiculous.

182 (Conversion)
IIRC £60 odd for the canister but I don't think this includes the solenoid which is the cause of the noise.

There's a tread on how to remove it.

Clio 182
No it wont affect the car at all and wont give you any error codes there is a guide on here some where i will try and find it.

Yep it wont throw up any kind of light on the dash (not sure if CLIP would retrieve a fault though)

Make sure you leave the pipe that leads to the tank open and dont block it off or you will get a vacuum build up!