ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ticking noise after turning of the car

Vantage
owned the car for about a year and a half...

since ive brought it, after turning the car off it always makes a slight ticking noise for a few minutes... it sounds like its coming from underneath the car?

just curious what it could be...

I think just about every car makes that noise when it's hot and you park up. It's just metal contracting/expanding due to cold/heat.

Vantage
I think just about every car makes that noise when it's hot and you park up. It's just metal contracting/expanding due to cold/heat.

havent noticed it on any other car expect my old golf.. which had an custom exhaust?

Now Sold :-(
My e46 BMW used to tick like crazy from the exhaust after a bit of spirited driving.
As stated think it's just the different metal components cooling at differing speeds.
Although my 182 is quiet as a mouse.

If the cars engines turned off wouldn't bother me.. Metal cooling down makes noises. My exhaust still ticks after an hour after a spirited drive.