ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle on a 182 - why is there a "step" near the botom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Trophy, Audi TT,
When I drive my 182, I notice there is a bit of a step in the pedal when I push it right to the floor, its a kind of resistance right at the bottom of the travel. Whats this for and what does it do?

BG V6, LY 182
If you have the speed limiter on, and need to go faster, i.e over taking something. Go past the 'step' and it overrides the speed limiter.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Its on my very very early 172 aswell, long before the days of cruise and speed limiter. I just thought it was Renault quality engineering tbh

Suzuki Jimny
I don't think I have a speed limiter on my cup. Overtook a veyron on the twisties yesterday.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I thought it was the override for the cruise control/speed limiter

Ph2 Clio 172
My 172 has a what now?

Seriously, I just though the plastic round thing on the floor under the pedal was broke and was giving way to leave the slight step thing at the bottom of the pedal travel?

Megane 225 F1
I thought it was the cruise control over ride switch. But if they came in later 172s and 182s why do the early 172s have them?

BMW 330CI M SPORT
Pretty sure it's a hands free way of switching to Radio 1. I'm not 100% sure though pal...

I thought it was the cruise control over ride switch. But if they came in later 172s and 182s why do the early 172s have them?

I think all clio sports used the same/similar loom etc to keep costs down.

Like if your clio didnt have ESP, i still had the wires behind the panel, just no where to put them.

If im wrong i have no idea tbh

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think all clio sports used the same/similar loom etc to keep costs down.

Like if your clio didnt have ESP, i still had the wires behind the panel, just no where to put them.

If im wrong i have no idea tbh

Spot on. All the connections are there, regardless of specified equipment, bar Nav.

If you push the throttle hard enough to use that extra 10mm of travel, it stops this thread topic being posted again.

Status
Not open for further replies.