ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle issues on 182

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all,

I am looking for a bit of advice and guidance on my 182.

When i am on track i sometimes get when off throttle the car lurches forward and the car will go full throttle off throttle back to full throttle and this is while my foot is off the pedal completely. I have no issues while on the road bar when the engine is stone cold on light throttle the car sometime hesitates but back off the throttle and back on its fine i don't know if this is linked but thought i would add this.
I can drive the car spiritedly and its fine it just seems to be on track i have this issue (Bedford is the track its done it on the last 2 times) i might add it will do it whether its wet or dry.

Now i have cleaned all the earths and also added addition earths and i haven't taken it on track yet but i don't think that has fixed the fault. so that leads me to either the throttle body or the pedal, i don't just want to change things and hope for the best so any advice would be great.

I have no fault codes or lights on the dash

Many thanks
Ben

Clio 172 (CUP)
...on track i sometimes get when off throttle the car lurches forward and the car will go full throttle off throttle back to full throttle and this is while my foot is off the pedal completely.

I've never had this, although...

I have no issues while on the road bar when the engine is stone cold on light throttle the car sometime hesitates but back off the throttle and back on its fine

...I do have this something similar, and also noticeable at stand still with a spirited rev from idle.

I've swapped the pedal in the past with no improvement, so I'll also be interested to hear some theories as to the possible causes for yours. Are you on a standard mapping, intake & FBW throttle? Mine is on a 98Ron map with ktec intake at the mo (172 cup) .

182 clio
Pedals are known to fail not heard many issues with throttle body.
Could be wrong.
Best to get clip plugged on.

Clio 220 PH2
I've never had this, although...

...I do have this something similar, and also noticeable at stand still with a spirited rev from idle.

I've swapped the pedal in the past with no improvement, so I'll also be interested to hear some theories as to the possible causes for yours. Are you on a standard mapping, intake & FBW throttle? Mine is on a 98Ron map with ktec intake at the mo (172 cup) .
It’s mapped by EFI with a ktec induction kit standard 182 throttle body which would be FBW yes fingers crossed it’s an easy fix

Clio 220 PH2
Pedals are known to fail not heard many issues with throttle body.
Could be wrong.
Best to get clip plugged on.
Cheers mate thank you might be worth me digging deeper into the pedal then and go from there,
I have had our work fault code reader on it and it’s not bringing anything up would clip be able to dig further into it even though there’s no code ?

182 clio
clip is what renault use as an interface to check everything.
This should allow you to check pedal position when full and depressed.

Clio 220 PH2
clip is what renault use as an interface to check everything.
This should allow you to check pedal position when full and depressed.
Ok mate thank you very much do you know what an acceptable figure would be ? Between full and off what readings are ok

Many Thanks
Ben

dan's cast offs.
It's very rare for a body or pedal to fail, it's normally a bad connection but just unplugging and plugging it back in again generally sorts it but that leads some people to think they did actually have a faulty unit in the first place.

Clio 220 PH2
It's very rare for a body or pedal to fail, it's normally a bad connection but just unplugging and plugging it back in again generally sorts it but that leads some people to think they did actually have a faulty unit in the first place.
Cheers mate thank you, I have had the body and the pedal plugs off and on and checked the connectors and they look fine and it doesn't appear the pins have spread either.

Clio 220 PH2
Can look fine but need nipping a touch.
Ok mate thank you i will give it a go tomorrow and fingers crossed a little nip will sort the issue, it is an odd one and especially annoying because its only on track it does it which is an expensive test drive haha

Clio 220 PH2
I have just adjusted the pins and there wasn't much adjusting they were pretty tight power i stripped the pedal down and this is what i have found do we think this could be the fault ? and can it be cleaned or is there nothing wrong with it ( i am not sure if it should have a larger clean span)
DK%c7s+pSV67%EJrCprk%A.jpg

Many thanks

182 clio
I have just adjusted the pins and there wasn't much adjusting they were pretty tight power i stripped the pedal down and this is what i have found do we think this could be the fault ? and can it be cleaned or is there nothing wrong with it ( i am not sure if it should have a larger clean span)
View attachment 1429960

Many thanks
Carbon tracks could be worn doesn't look to bad in photo though

Clio 220 PH2
roughly check where there contacts on other side would be touching it.
They may start there and only run that length
I will have a look see what i can see its such a frustrating one because most things look good theres nothing standing out as a fault

182 clio
I will have a look see what i can see its such a frustrating one because most things look good theres nothing standing out as a fault
I agree you should normally see raised or even the carbon gone shown contact.
could you not get a tested one and try at the track next time your there?

Clio 220 PH2
I agree you should normally see raised or even the carbon gone shown contact.
could you not get a tested one and try at the track next time your there?
Yeah i might look at a second hand one and try it see if that works before committing to a new one

Have you checked the white plug in the engine bay fuse box it tucked in the bottom and has a few plugs build in it and is the blue section very common for water and green gremlins to get in there

Clio 220 PH2
Have you checked the white plug in the engine bay fuse box it tucked in the bottom and has a few plugs build in it and is the blue section very common for water and green gremlins to get in there
Cheers mate thank you i haven't had a look yet but i will do this weekend thank you