ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Body Issues and guidance

182 FF
This morning my beloved 182 just turned off on approach to a junction and then whilst apporaching another. Scary considering my Laguna once did this and left my upside down in a field..! The problem seems to occur whilst braking and changing down. I have had multiple issues like this and had new pedal switches etc. But i have been advised that it could be a glogged throttle body.

I have searched for a relevant guide for this but only found a guide for cleaning the air intake. Advice please.

Ta

172/1.2/E30
Does the error trigger any fault lights/codes? Cleaning the throttle body is easy: Remove the air filter housing and the elbow, remove the throttlebody (4 10mm head bolts and a plug), clean the throttle body with brake cleaner and a rag, check the seal is ok and refit vice versa.

1.2 clio 2002
hi i have a problem with my 1.2 clio dynamique the car will idle but will not "rev up" i have had the snapon verus scanner on it and it gave me this code " 593-programming throttle signal incoherence - current " i have been told that this could be the throttle body or the accelerator pedal.
cheers tom

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
D4F throttle bodies are a bit crap, it'll be that, more likely than anything else. Inlet manifold off so you can get to it and clean it though, which isn't hard, but an awkward job not worthy of the time it takes.