ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Third Time Lucky; Trophy #41 - UPDATED - KONIs fitted...

Okay I've had chance to chuck it around a few corners, nothing major yet though.

All I can say is wow. I was literally left speechless and giggling like a little girl on the way to work at 5am this morning.

I'm not sure whether it's entirely because my rear dampers have been knackered for so long, or if the Konis are absolutely amazing but I can't actually believe how well this car handles now. It's on par with my 1989 Mini on GAZ coilovers and that handled literally like a go-kart.

I'm interested to see how it performs on track too so will be looking at a trackday(s) at some point this year. I've never done a trackday before but been on track (including the 'ring) plenty of times.

In short, I'd 100% recommend the Konis (combined with Sportlines) to anybody with a Trophy. They are a perfect match for the Sachs front dampers.

Cheers lads, had chance to chuck it around a bit more and this setup is seriously impressive. I can't wait to get it on track!

Managed to sort the misfire but I fitted new spark plugs and OEM HT leads today for peace of mind. At least I know how long they've been fitted for future reference.

8663033368_73bc3e854d_b.jpg

8662786799_c3057314d7_b.jpg

You can see here which was the offending spark plug, replaced all 4 anyway:

8662788015_d938a1d1f0_b.jpg

8663888204_bf396c44f7_b.jpg

The coil pack was replaced just a few months ago as well so all should be good... for now.

Cars looking good! Changed anything recently? I'm just not sure about the gold wheels, there not terrible though :)
I was just wondering where you got the custom rear lights? or how you made them lol
thanks

Nothing to report! The custom rear lights came off a while ago. I still have them but they're a bit faded!

I bought a set of these which are genuine Renault (made by Valeo) lights which were an option on the Clio Extreme models.

mHKlzvh6Acpjcw-Gq7l2SBA.jpg

Masked up the bit I wanted to stay clear and sprayed the rest with red tint spray.

ah cool i might try and have a go at these myself and see how they look, if the tint spray faded wonder if tint film would do as good a job?
Cheers

It would do a splendid job if you could wrap it around the curves at the top of the unit without getting any air bubbles. I was going to try but literally couldn't be bothered!

ldubl

ClioSport Club Member
Great read! Deciding between Trophy, Prolines, Sportlines & Mark Fish springs & may be the rear Koni's, really helpful to get your views on your setup :up: