ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying this G Techniq kit...thoughts?

Mk1 Focus RS
been reading through the deatiling section on here and various other websites and not really sure what products are for me as there is so many to choose from.

Firstly i am no detailer, i reguarly wash the car using the two bucket method using a wash mit, water blade and drying towels.

Now spring is approaching i want to have the car looking immaculate.

so i was going to start off with buying some tar remover, iron remover and clay, probably from halfords.

Then some sort of cleanse product and wheel armour.

Ive also thought about buying this from G techniq:

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/kits/bada-bing-bada-boom/

is the C2 Liquid Crystal a wax/sealent or a glaze?

any one used this kit or can anyone recommend something else similar just to get me started off with?

i know theres a lot of post's like this but any help would be appreciated

Golf GT & A4 Avant
C2 is a spray on sealant, very easy to use and works it's best when applied to a freshly cleaned and de contaminated body, when beading starts to drop off mix 5 or 10ml of C2 with 100ml of water and use it as a quick detailer. reguarly maintained I found 6months easy.

I bought the above kit when I 1st ordered from GT, it's a great kit for starting out IMO

Mk1 Focus RS
C2 is a spray on sealant, very easy to use and works it's best when applied to a freshly cleaned and de contaminated body, when beading starts to drop off mix 5 or 10ml of C2 with 100ml of water and use it as a quick detailer. reguarly maintained I found 6months easy.

I bought the above kit when I 1st ordered from GT, it's a great kit for starting out IMO

so im assuming that this would be the final coat yes? or is a wax applied after?

theres just so many products and names for different things, find it quite confusing!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
you would not wax over it for best results just use the diluted QD. it has very good water sheeting so helps itself clean when it's raining etc. After I gave up topping it up and eventually stripped it to apply new products it had been on nearly 9 months and there was minimal tar and iron contamination

Mk1 Focus RS
you would not wax over it for best results just use the diluted QD. it has very good water sheeting so helps itself clean when it's raining etc. After I gave up topping it up and eventually stripped it to apply new products it had been on nearly 9 months and there was minimal tar and iron contamination

thanks for the advice :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a hard thing to work out I found. Dilution etc.

I prefered the less fussy Car Pro reload. No dilution etc and you can buy a sample from CYC iirc. :)