ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking about getting an Xbox360

Hi, just wondered if these are worth getting if i dont have an hd tv? cant really afford one just now, but getting a bit bored of my ps2.. i think the premium package is the one to go for? with an extra wireless controller?

bit clueless as you can tell, but is there anywhere running a good deal at the moment? or which games are a must to get?

also what is the plug and charge thing for?

Thanks!

so do you use them when you are not using the controller? like an RC car? or do you use them together? Sorry for the dumb questions! lol

Lee

BMW M2C
You either run it off the battery pack, or you can run it wired to the console. It charges with the console switched off provided it's still connected to the mains.

Audi S3 225
m8 just got one 2day, its phat, playing fight night round 3 at the mo, i had it on the original xbox and the difference is amazing. Havent got a hdtv but it looks good anyway. Im downloading some demos from xbox live to try some games out. And the wireless controller is quite cool, nice and tidy plus i connected my usb keybaord and you can use that as well, all in all pretty happy at the mo.

ITR UKDC2
nice and tidy plus i connected my usb keybaord and you can use that as well, all in all pretty happy at the mo.

So, you can play games with keyboards too?

will be 2007 but by then there may be some games for it lol :)

they are shrinking it to 65nm from 90nm so it will run faster cooler and use less power it will also be based on soi this time silicon on insulator

Citroen DS3 DSport
Hardly worth waiting for something that doesn't offer any performance gain, buy one now and have fun.

Audi S3 225
Zorba_the_greek said:
nice and tidy plus i connected my usb keybaord and you can use that as well, all in all pretty happy at the mo.

So, you can play games with keyboards too?

Not play game just yet, but it does support a usb mouse and keybaord, you can fill out forms etc, but at the mo thats it, I read that in the future most games will support the mouse and keybaord feature.

Boxster S
Picked one a a couple of weeks ago with PGR3, Ghost Recon and Tiger Woods.

Gotta say I like it, but in terms of pure gaming, it's not that far removed from a PS2. A big part of the decision to buy it was I wanted a component DVD player and something HD to justify the stupid money I spent on my new TV!

If you want to save some money, have a huge choice of games, then I'd still consider keeping your PS2

*editted as I re read the first post!! Doh!

Last edited:
  Focus ST-2
when the ps3 is released there will be bugger all games out for it, the 360 is only now starting to get good games!!! ill still buy a ps3 but why wait when the 360 is s**t hot!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Buy a 360 and if you feel the need buy a PS3 too, that's my plan. Why wait when you could have months of fun with the 360 right now. Also there is no guarantee we'll see the PS3 this year.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
i will have both, but ppl need to back up their claims. because technically the 360 is actually a stronger machine.