ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think i have 225 injectors in my 182 on jenveys????? Do i need need them ??

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
So running a bit lumpy, new plugs, coil and magnecor leads. Sounded like air leaking round the injectors so I took the out to check the O rings and they aren't the usual 042 injectors, are they megane ones ??????
I'm the pictures the black ones are the ones I have just removed from the car and the silver ones are some spares I had from a previous car.
Do I need megane 225 ones for bodies? 48mm jenvey. Going to EFI in a couple of weeks so need to be right. Thanks guys for any help
20180602_131759.jpg
20180602_131806.jpg
20180602_131819.jpg
20180602_131824.jpg
20180602_131826.jpg
15279430059608261813197808372855.jpg

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
What power are you running?
I’m on ktec bodies..standard cams and high comp bottom end.. 201.5bhp 177ftlb on standard mk2 injectors.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure until it goes to EFI. Jenvey 48mm bodies, standard cams, going to put it on group N timing before I go aswell.

Just trying To figure out if these injectors are 225 megane ones or just cheap one of eBay

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Oh ok.. I don’t really know but my thinking is the standard mk2 injectors are almost at there maximum output so they don’t last/spray well...where as the 225 injectors are no where near there limit.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I’m on 197/200 injectors with 421 cams as my standard 182 items were at 97% duty, running 193bhp & 164ft/lb.

Was lead to believe that 225 injectors have a much better spray pattern but obviously well OTT for me!

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Well atm these 225 ones are totally over fueling mine until it's mapped. Chris at EFI can tweek the raw data on them to make them right.

After some reading I've found out the standard injectors are 250cc and the r26 ones 390cc.
What CC are the 197 ones. If yours are at their limit with standard inlet on I don't think theyll work for me

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I’m not sure of the flow rate on the 197 items sorry, but I don’t think it’s a massive step up from standard. I was advised by Engine Dynamics to run them to be on the safe side as the car is only used for track so will be flat out more often than not!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
It might be worth giving Chris @ efi a shout see what he recommends. They definitely wont be 630cc’s it wont need them, look like the newer style 225/r26 stock injector.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
When my old engine was mapped on cams and boddies the standard injectors were at 100% IDC with the car making 209bhp.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I'll buy new ones and use the old ones I have now as spares. Northloop says it will be interesting to see what power I will get with group N timing and bodies as he's never had figures with it

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I'll buy new ones and use the old ones I have now as spares. Northloop says it will be interesting to see what power I will get with group N timing and bodies as he's never had figures with it

Keep us updated as I’m due a cam belt change..groupe n timing could well be the way to go.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Yeah ..I’m running the full ktec kit...bodies/high comp bottom end/gen 90, even running a map from them too..engine is just over 4 years old always tested at Surrey rolling road and always between 201and 203 bhp year on year. Just fancy a bit more mid range.
I’ve seen the figures the guy got with the standard inlets and looks very impressive for not much outlay when changing the belts.