ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Things you love about your Clio

Clio 1.2 Expression
I figured since we have a clio bashing thread we might aswel have a clio praising thread.

So, what do you love about your Clio?
For me it would be the following....
1. So comfy to drive.
2. For a lowly 1.2 its fast.
3. The shape.
4. The fact the GF thinks its something bigger (Like the size of an astra) because its so roomy upfront.
5. Nice high driving position.
6. Its not a corsa.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
reliability (yes, reliability!, I've had 5 years of clios and have NEVER been let down)
power (172)
toys (leather,aircon,autolights/wipers)
looks
suprising people who don't realise how quick they are

Clio 1.2 Expression
Middo said:
petrol consumption definatly!

and theres nothing up with corsas ;)

True if you buy a decent version but the basic trim level corsas are dire. My first car was an old 1.2 Merit, the beast had a whole 33bhp and came with deluxe extras such as a glovebox with a door and airblowers that only blow wam air in summer and cold in winter :cool:.... shudder!! :eek:

Civic Type-R
R20GRC said:
reliability (yes, reliability!, I've had 5 years of clios and have NEVER been let down)
power (172)
toys (leather,aircon,autolights/wipers)
looks
suprising people who don't realise how quick they are

Yeah people under estimating how quick it is!

BMW M135i
Looks, toys, engine noise, nice to drive.
And the fact that there aren't many 1.6's around and people don't realise its not a 1.2 as it looks exactly the same as one.

182 - Now Cooper S
Induction roar
and the fact that i look very young to be driving a 182 so the shocked faces of other 182 drivers!! :cool:

ex Clio 172 owner :(
The fact that I see people looking at it as I drive by. No other hatchback looks as good in my opinion, except maybe the new Golf Gti.

The fact that it does not have a GTi badge or equivalent. I like the fact that it's a Renaultsport Clio rather than Renault Clio sport. Makes it sounds a bit more mystical.

Like my old VTS, I love the fact it gets underestimated.

I like the interior, the way it's laid out.

Probably the only one to say this:

The rattles! I'm probably too laid back but I kinda have a love hate relationship with my rattles...they are there so I just deal with it, and its a talking point when someone new gets in the car and the dashboard decides to have a loud day!

As I mentioned on Renaultsport recently, I read a motoring journalists write-up of the Civic Type R a while back, he sold it because "nothing ever went wrong", although that seems like a ridiculous statement, I think he has a point. You can say a lot of bad things about the Clio but you can't deny it has a serious amount of character, I like to be fully involved in the life of my car, not just drive it to work every day. All the little things that go wrong, the time spent working on it etc, it all adds to the ownership experience.

406 passion wagon..
Main thing, the look of shock on more expensive car owners face when you humiliate them!

Seats, induction roar, 2nd gear pull and the colour!

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
everything!
had it decked 60mm al round on fk coilovers and it handles like a dream.:D
the 5k boost!
it surprises alot of people how quick they are.:rasp:

Megane Trophy
The handling
The firm but comfortable ride
The look
The power
The grip
The seat
auto wipers, lights, climate control

35 mpg on motorway

I was really sceptical about them, but i absolutely love mine and look forward to driving it every day of the week

:D

Handling its not to shabyy for a shopping car.
Specification.
Built qulaity is decient
Looks a higher quality to other similar cars IMO.
Fuel economy
Low running costs.
Relaibility of it even with the abuse I give it.

Has to be the way it goes round the twisty stuff.

Its what this car is all about and why i love driving it.

Plus i love he way the traction control goes mad when you jump over a bridge!!

1998 BMW e46 323i
Xenons are outstanding, until you drive another car without them you just don't appreciate them.

I like the bi-polar/split personality of the car; you can drive it like you stole it and you'll probably still return around 30mpg while enjoying yourself, or drive at a constant 70mph on the motorway pretending you're a pensioner, returning 45+mpg...

(I really don't welcome the car's faults though)

M140i/Orange 182
looks, power and it just feels raw compared to other cars a driven.

its a fun car to own. :D

106 GTi
The colour - black looks so good clean.

The 5K Kick.

The toys you get with the Full Fat 182.

The new car smell.

The way it turns in.

The whole package and the smilies you get for the money.

Ph2 172
The fact that people following get mighty scared by the fact that I'm 3 wheeling most of the time round the bends. It always makes me smile.!

1.Great driving position
2.Good CD
3.love the all the Silver
4.Style
5.1.2 16v feels alot quicker than a 1.4 16v astra I recently drove, and for a 1.2 quite a bit of poke
6.The Alloys
7.Dynamique
8.Gearbox feels nice and smooth
9.all the Electrics and safety gear
10.Remote central locking, it works from miles away and I like how it locks when you go over 4mph if you have it set to work.
Theres more Positives about the My Clio Dynamique than there is Negatives

Nissan 350Z
Another one here who finds the driving position ok!

I like the way it looks - stylish for a modern car.
I like the performance - particularly after 5k rpm but not really too shabby before then either for a NA 2.0 litre, especially when driven right.
I like the handling, not the last word in ultimate grip or balance, but it has "character".
I like the way that, for a modern car, it *feels* fast / frantic and has that all important "X" factor missing in a lot of modern cars today.
Heck, even the rattles dont bother me - it sort of adds to the sensation of speed in its own way... and if I wanted refinement i woulda bought a Merc.

Mind you, to the guy who said things going wrong gives it character - for me thats not what gives it character, the character it has is all in the way it looks, drives, and feels. Its a silly, silly car. But the niggles, well they are just annoying...

Most of all though, despite the fact I've considered selling it for something more reliable / dependable, the thing that perhaps amazes me most, is the fact that after I've thought about it, and then i get back at the wheel, it ALWAYS makes me change my mind. Now THATS character!

ukaskew said:
Probably the only one to say this:

The rattles! I'm probably too laid back but I kinda have a love hate relationship with my rattles...they are there so I just deal with it, and its a talking point when someone new gets in the car and the dashboard decides to have a loud day!

As I mentioned on Renaultsport recently, I read a motoring journalists write-up of the Civic Type R a while back, he sold it because "nothing ever went wrong", although that seems like a ridiculous statement, I think he has a point. You can say a lot of bad things about the Clio but you can't deny it has a serious amount of character, I like to be fully involved in the life of my car, not just drive it to work every day. All the little things that go wrong, the time spent working on it etc, it all adds to the ownership experience.

You have a good point. When I had my Alfa 155, some days I f**king hated that car. The days everything worked.....oohhhh the joy. It was similar with my 172, but not as extreme :)

LY V6 with Recaros
I love the way it looks, the colour, all the toys, the 5k kick, and it always puts a smile on my face, and i'm another one who likes the driving position coz I'm a short arse so I can actually see over the dash! :eek:

Cup 172
I love the way that no matter how many times I take it back to reno for random things fixing, I still acnt think of another car I want more (that will fit in my garage anyway)...

Meg on pistonheads £6995
handling, performance (even pre-chip), economy

oh and it's NOT a Corsa - SRi maybe, but........

..... I had a poverty-spec Corsa as a loan-car whilst mine was in garage - nealry rolled the fuc*er cos I bowled into a sharp left hander off a dual carriageway at 40mph (as i do in the Clio) - it went straight on and took out a bollard in the middle of the road - lucky no visible damage that T-cut couldn't fix!