ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thieving scum bags (nuneaton)

Clio 172
Came out of the house this morning to go to work and found that some pikey bas***d has stolen all the side mouldings and bullets.

If anyone knows of anyone who has aquired a set in Pearl Black in the Nuneaton area, please let me know.

Alternatively if anyone has a set for sale at a reasonable price, please let me know.

daver1985

ClioSport Club Member
  172 + 555 scoob
Came out of the house this morning to go to work and found that some pikey bas***d has stolen all the side mouldings and bullets.

If anyone knows of anyone who has aquired a set in Pearl Black in the Nuneaton area, please let me know.

Alternatively if anyone has a set for sale at a reasonable price, please let me know.
gutted m8 it f***ing winds me up s**t like that. hope u find the little c***s and string em up

hope u get sorted anyway

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Sorry to hear this mate.

But how did they get the side mouldings off ?

I thought you had to have the front door open, take the screw out from the inside of the car, then slide it backwards. Then the rear mouldings you have to have the door open again and slide them ones forward ?

They most have snapped the brackets in getting them off if so.

Hope there was no damage caused and i hope you find some more though.

Sam!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear this mate.

But how did they get the side mouldings off ?

I thought you had to have the front door open, take the screw out from the inside of the car, then slide it backwards. Then the rear mouldings you have to have the door open again and slide them ones forward ?

They most have snapped the brackets in getting them off if so.

Hope there was no damage caused and i hope you find some more though.

Sam!

No screws mate. They both just slide out. Nice easy theft.

Poor show.

PH1 172
No screws mate. They both just slide out. Nice easy theft.

Poor show.

There is a black circle clip inside which stops the front ones sliding back and coming off. I know this because I am trying to find that clip because my drivers one keeps moving.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You're wrong. The door moulding slides fully backwards and slides back on towards the front of the car. No tools required.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed, they would need to lift it away from the door far enough to pass the other moulding. Probably creasing them in the process!

Passat
Scummy b*stards. They must have had their eye on your car. It's hardly a spur of the moment crime! My mate had his Fiesta ST spoiler nicked a while back...seriously fecking annoying!

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Wow that's fu**ing stupid. Really sorry to hear this, I hope it's not really expensive to replace.. "still furious though!" Very understandable mate..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Scummy b*stards. They must have had their eye on your car. It's hardly a spur of the moment crime! My mate had his Fiesta ST spoiler nicked a while back...seriously fecking annoying!

Seriously? Those are like bonded and bolted on!

Phase 2 172 Sport
Wow. The things some people will do. Makes me glad I have got a dual proximity sensor on my Toad to stop this kind of thing hopefully.

Mini Cooper S sport
People are such f*cking pikeys, they're hardly the most expensive things in the world. Utter cnuts.

2005 clio 182
Unfortunately they are selling for quite a bit of money on eBay,£20 for the bullets on their own,or up to £60 for the set,due to phase 1 people upgrading,it reminds me of the days when all the laguna splitters were getting nicked

RS6 C7
i know bosworth VERY well :p, Most of my mates live there or around it, I know the garage and the machine place but not jj churchill is that near those two?

Clio 172
i know bosworth VERY well :p, Most of my mates live there or around it, I know the garage and the machine place but not jj churchill is that near those two?
not sure what you mean by the machine place, but its the factory next to the car garage, just before the hump back bridge

RS6 C7
We bought a couple of used drillers from a factory there, was probably you!, Family business is very similar to what you do, Mainly Cnc lathes though not much milling.

Clio 172
We bought a couple of used drillers from a factory there, was probably you!, Family business is very similar to what you do, Mainly Cnc lathes though not much milling.

i would imagine that was the unit next to us, col-nest, we bought them out years ago and sold off all their stuff, we are a little more advanced than that these days...

RS6 C7
I just looked at your website... We do gearbox components & wheely bin shafts ;) very basic compared to what you do although still have 9 cncs, mainly daewoo pumas.

Clio 172
I just looked at your website... We do gearbox components & wheely bin shafts ;) very basic compared to what you do although still have 9 cncs, mainly daewoo pumas.

what s your company called, i am the senior buyer at churchills, so always on the look out for local companies that may be able to offload work to

RS6 C7
Myldan Engineering Ltd
Based Near Atherstone
Call: 01827 870385 Fax: 01827 873505
Alot of people offload work to us ;) We are usually cheap for most things so let us know!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
There is a black circle clip inside which stops the front ones sliding back and coming off. I know this because I am trying to find that clip because my drivers one keeps moving.

You're wrong. The door moulding slides fully backwards and slides back on towards the front of the car. No tools required.

Mine have a little black bung just at the edge of the door that you have to remove when sliding them off as it goes all the way through to the bump strip. I just pop it off with a screwdriver than they come free ???

PH1 172

Strange as my passenger one won't budge with the circle clip in place and when I put the passenger clip in to the drivers door it stops my drivers one sliding backwards to take it off :S

Same as below
Mine have a little black bung just at the edge of the door that you have to remove when sliding them off as it goes all the way through to the bump strip. I just pop it off with a screwdriver than they come free ???

Sunflower Ph1 172
This has become increasingly common over the past couple of years. I know a lot of the Mk6 fiesta Zetec-s/Sts have their rear valances stolen quite regularly. Glad I can park my car well up the driveway and out of sight.

Clio 182, BMW 645
I had the washer covers and tow eye cover stole off my 3 series BMW a couple of years ago while parked up at a client! Nothin gone off the Clio yet. Nuneaton... Have you had a little drive round Bedworth ;)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
All the vans near me are getting their cat's nicked. Literally just sawn off so they need more than just a new cat to put it right

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Seriously? Those are like bonded and bolted on!

Round here Fiesta ST's are targetted like mad. Three of my mates ALL had spoliers taken and one had the front and rear bumpers taken too.

OP - sorry about your car mate, hard luck.

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Pic of the said clip mate on the passenger side that stops the door strip moving
View attachment 60847
which is missing on the drivers side and allows door strip to move

When I removed mine theres no type of clip you mentioned its just a lot of elbow grease first time and getting a good grip and pushing? PH1 must be different then some reason? Thought they were identical.

Fiesta ST3
My mate has had his ST's wheel centre caps stolen, same with my dads vectra ones, its just a really easy thing to do unfortunately :(