ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The wrong wiper stalk??

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Does anyone know whether adjustable intermittent wipers come as std on a 2002 Clio Dynamique + Just ours doesn't have it yet the intermittent speed is as nearly as fast as the single speed, I know the auto wipers was an option which it doesn't have!

It looks like the cover around the stalk has been off before so decided to buy a stalk with the variable speed off ebay, granted it was off a megane but looked the same. However when I plugged it in the variable speed didn't do anything plus I realised the one I bought didn't have the button on the end to change the info display.

If its not supposed to have that feature is there any other way of slowing the intermittent speed down?

Cheers

Mark

SchwepTek™
Mine doesnt have auto wipers and the intermittent is nearly as quick as the first speed setting.

Da

Less
I know Trophy's don't have adjustable stalks but not sure about the 182 Cup...?

SchwepTek™
No mine isnt adjustable either! :(

Cups are same as trophys interior wise.

Mine has intermittent (which is too fast) 1 speed and 2 speed

Could that be changed?

SchwepTek™
Oh didnt know it was that simple! Well, how are they to change? LOL

And would it actually change the speed?

Da

Less
5 minute job, steering cowl off (top unclips), 2 torx hold stalk on, remove them and fit new stalk. Cowl back on, job done.

Yes it does work, well on the Trophy's anyhow! :D

SchwepTek™
LOL ok, happens to be one for sale this very minute!

Flamin cups eh? Its gonna be an FF by the time im finished with it! LOL

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
So if I buy a wiper stalk with the adjustable bit on it, from a clio of the same year ish it should just swap over and work?

Mark

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
Sorry to bump a very old thread - but do these other stalks also have the button on the end for cycling the trip computer?