ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

clio 197 albi blue
i get between 19mpg - 24mpg in my 197

stop start all the time hence crap mpg, only put £20 a week in it though so all is good ;)

SG boost'd 200
Over 10,000 miles my 197 averaged 29.8mpg.....The clock has been reset and with 500 miles already, im sitting at 33.2mpg...It was at 34.3 until i went for a blast last night!

Im getting about 30/31mpg going from Leeds to work but thats all stop start with a little bit of dual carriageway. Drove back from Derbyshire today and got 41mpg so I can't complain.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Displaying 38.6 mpg over 2 tanks currently but was seeing higher when I didn't need the bloody heating on :(

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've got good mpg out of the last few tanks, wet leaves everywhere on my commute mean I'm taking it a little easier than normal.

Happy with my lifetime average though, including 4 trackdays it now stands at a respectable 34mpg :approve:

20121104fuelgraphonly.jpg

Trophy #387
First full week of owning the Trophy... I did ~250 miles to work/back at around 34 mpg, which has dropped considerably after spirited weekend driving.

clio 197 black
I'm getting 25mpg out of my 197 but what the hell only had it a week and i didn't buy it to be green and save the world.......

RenaultSport 182FF
52 mpg average from the 1.2 16v dynamique, 60 mpg if i clutch up to junctions ;) £55 will therefore last me 2 weeks and and get around 550 miles out of the tank (does everyone just thrash theirs, I just don't understand?)

Unfortunately the 182 does about 29 :lolup: however it needs a good service, i'm hoping to get a rs tuner though and take that up to 50 mpg :D

04BGFF182CLIORS
So far clocked up about 60 miles, including my 22 mile drive to work.

Been pretty sensible so far, but had a few spirited moments, currently sitting at 38mpg, pretty happy with that tbh.

Clio MK3 DCI
DCI 88 Mk3 - Getting 55-60 mpg. Its only done 1500 miles so far. Hoping to start seeing better MPG.

2007 Clio 197
I do Mainly motorway driving daily. Getting around 42-45mpg out my 2002 1.2 16v, seen it push 50 on longer trips though

ITB BG 182
Use v-power people, it gets more mpg an power for when you need it.

Im doing a test between all the higher octane fuels available to see which is most different cost wise.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Mine feels better on Momentum tbh.

1.37 pump price last tuesday (27/11/12).
246 miles to full tank.

(i do mostly short [but quick] journeys...)

Flame 172 (Ph2)
I find Momentum just feels like boggo fuel in my 172, idle being just as lumpy as 95 RON. In gear punch though seems alright.

V-Power however, smooth idle and pulls well, key difference for me is how well it pulls between 6000 and 7000 rpm.

I'm doing 100 miles a day now on my commute, and recording MPG properly using the trip and full fill ups, consistent route and letting fuelly.com do the maths. Last tank was a confirmed 36.5mpg (trip computer reckoned 38.5mpg), and I'm no slouch. Last two tanks were V-Power and so is my recently brimmed tank I'm on now. Gonna see what mpg I get on this tank then try a few tanks of Shell FuelSave Unleaded n see the difference in MPG.

I'll report back in a week!

Megane R26
Currently on 42.3 in my 172 cup 'driving like a nun' i.e. No blasts and changing gear 2500-3000 rpm. On a 60 mile commute to salisbury which is all single carriage A roads. So dull!

Arctic 182FF
Usually hit around the 50mpg mark in my 1.2 16v. On long journeys that is, Bristol to Wrexham. About 45mpg when I'm driving a little more playfully on that trip, and high 30s for urban driving, so low 40s average. However, on my journey to Wrexham today I noticed my mpg to be a little less than normal, I've recently put on coilovers but that's the only difference, any ideas on why there's been this drop?

04BGFF182CLIORS
It will be the cold weather, more time spent sitting with the car warming up etc. Ive noticed a big difference this week, only getting around 150 miles from £30 whereas I can usually get around 180!

Arctic 182FF
It will be the cold weather, more time spent sitting with the car warming up etc. Ive noticed a big difference this week, only getting around 150 miles from £30 whereas I can usually get around 180!
Ah right, thank you for that!

172 + 350z
Thanks to the foggy weather and everyone going about 40mph managed to get 44mpg on a 22mile journey tonight.
Clio 182

Flame Red Clio 172
172 here. and i'm currently getting 36.6mpg around town - 12 miles to work and back on 30/40mph roads.
got 46mpg on a run to manchester and back, that was 5 hours of driving at 60mph most of the way, very pleased :)