ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

Monaco Blue 172
Found out after e-mailing the 'previous previous' owner that mine was remapped for fuel economy!! No wonder I can get 40mpg with ease! I've had 50mpg on a featherfooted run! (172 ph2)

Clio MK III Dci 106
58mpg...OBC shows 66mpg....I always fill brim to brim and work out my mpg...Mk3 Clio 106bhp Dci...90 round trip...40 miles motorway driving

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
'03 1.2 16v - 40mpg, at least based on the onboard trip computer. Got a bluetooth OBD2 reader coming so hopefully that's more accurate.

Should it be higher than that? I'm not getting much more than 172/182 owners, and I drive with a light foot!

DCI 1.5, 60 plate
i have 1.5 dci expression 5 door 60plate supposed to get 70mpg but i avarage 50.1 drive quite hard too

Im doing a full trip from my home to camp and general use (including blasts while im up there) and then home again.

Put it on cruise and was getting around 50mpg. Currently on 35 at the moment but I reckon I can get it back up to 50 hopefully.

Thats on an 04 172 sport

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Had it up to 60odd MPG but i was driving like a right flower.

20mile drive and i got this

2z8ncw7.jpg

Best so far is 51.8mpg
I think the best way to get good mpg is to put the cruise on around 59mph although I did sit behind a few lorries at 56 but didnt seem to make much difference even though the drag was less. Guess its so slow it doesnt make much difference at thst speed.

Clio 182
Traveling on the motorway at 40mph once, (speed restrcitions), I decided to reset my mpg trip... It said at one stage (70mpg) and then came crawling back down to about 42mpg... my 182 was as fuel efficient as a prius ;) haha I doubt I was doing 70mpg, but did make me chuckle when I saw it.

Usually a mixture of A roads, town driving I get about 34mpg :) (according to the obc)

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
mine says 42.3 MPG .

Picked the car up on Monday and got just under 400 miles to a tank , that was driving home from Dundee then a 90 mile trip to work and back.

Not bad

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Struggling to get 30mpg, half the time I'm at 25mpg. That said though my commute to and from work is very short - the engine doesn't have time to get fully warmed up in the mornings.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
1995 mk3 golf gti 16v, with decat, gets 44-48 mpg on a a long run, 35-40 most of the time round town etc

Mk3 Clio VVT 2.0 S
I drive a 2.0 VVT Dynamique S and i squeeze 34.2 mpg's on a good day.
Then again i do mostly 60mph speed limits, when in town it quickly goes down to about 32mpg :L

Westfield, 182, 200
Took my 172 to work for a week, lift sharing so had 2 other adults,24 mile trip each way, mixture urban, mway and A road, averaged 40.7.
Did the same in the wife's 197 and got 33.0
Pretty sure the 197 is mechanically OK, so why the difference?

22.5 at the moment I think on Stage 4. Tiny bit better than I was getting on Stage 2, which I was a little surprised at!

Clio Sport 172
After recently buying my 172 the trip said the previous owner averaged 21mpg?! Reset it been out in it most of today cruising as well as giving it some in country roads averaged 38mpg

'03 plate DCI (80), 90% motorway driving to work, averages around 74mpg, has been at 83mpg over the summer but has dropped due to colder starts etc + change of fuel mix, car is on 125k miles.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
These numbers, Are you getting them from maths @ the pump or looking at the Display?

For me the display is showing 25% more than it actually gets. Without fail!

An example.

Say your computer says 40Mpg.

That would mean to a full tank you will be getting 480Miles. Or if you fill when the light pops up around 410 miles.
(based on 55L tank, 4.54L per Uk Gal. 12.1Gal per 1*2 Tank. Light comes on when 1Gal left Approx)

I can say for sure you will find that you will get around 300-350Miles from that tank and not 400. Unless you do and you have some sorta super car which you should sell to me asap ;P

You know you have a 50l tank don't you? lol.