ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The victim of snow thread...

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Exactly Vish. Everyone needs a f**king good red faced accident. Luckily I had all mine when I was 17.

Yup, I had a stupid small accident when I was 17 and one big non-fault when I was 18 and enough close calls after. All changed my driving approach for the better.

im a victim, curbs! wheels poking out the arch, im hoping the camber bolt came loose and its on positive camber

Hope its not too bad mate. I don't fancy risking my car today, don't know what nutters are out there either.

lol mine don't even come close to that! Thankfully!

The second crash I was 18 and thought it was ok to touch the brakes when cornering in the wet.

Woops...wooooooops...woo00000psie...which way are we going...woaaaaah~~~~BANG!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
The second crash I was 18 and thought it was ok to touch the brakes when cornering in the wet.

Woops...wooooooops...woo00000psie...which way are we going...woaaaaah~~~~BANG!

:S

Did you get the old slow motion happening too?

The last thing I saw before impact on my second crash was the driver looking towards me just before I t-boned straight into her.

Who does a f**king 3 point turn on a national limit road without checking your mirrors?!

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
The 182 is impossible in the snow mate. Well my 182Cup is anyway. Wide summer tyres on a car than weighs nothing + always over-sensitive ABS = FAIL.

I've been driving in snow for decades without a problem or incident, until I got my 182 and now I never bother. Not worth sliding backwards down a hill while pulling away on 1% throttle in 3rd gear...

100% agree. It doesn't make you a crap driver if you can't get a 1*2 around snow like there's no snow there! You can't magically make grip appear....

This is my warm up for Finland for the next 3 weeks... snow tyres are a legality! :evil:

Ph 1 172
i went to go around a corner and ended up going straight forward and clumping the car very hard. no air bags came on which is good news lol....no knocking noises or anything just a massive gash missing on the lip of my front passenger alloy.

I made it to work, f**king ABS takes the piss. Anyone know which fuse it uses, because its being taken out for the trip home!?

200 cup & 106 GTi
Just turn the ESP off, that disables the ABS, i did it last night and wouldn't recommend it, even though most of my previous cars have had no ABS, it's not a good recipe!

200 cup & 106 GTi
Mine seems to disable the ABS too! As i was sliding down a hill with all 4 wheels locked solid and no ABS light or any intervention until i turned the ESP back on!

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
really? I beg to differ :S

Turning the ESP off does just that, turns the ESP off.

ESP button doesn't turn ABS off. ABS can't be turned off without taking the fuse out. Its a legality to have ABS on cars made after a certain year in UK so they won't give you an option to turn it off!

ESP button doesn't turn ABS off. ABS can't be turned off without taking the fuse out. Its a legality to have ABS on cars made after a certain year in UK so they won't give you an option to turn it off!

Why are you quoting me... thats what I said.

Cupped 182 with Milltek
Pirelli Snowsports and 182, go anywhere with common sense. At least that has been my experience using them for the past 3 years on mine,good all-round winter hi performance tyre,got up the hill to my house a couple of years ago with 3 inches of snow on the road no problemo! not being smug,just passing on experience.I dont use the Exalto's in the winter.Snowsports give better grip in low temps in general.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
well i've just got in from work, over a hour to get 6 miles :(

got stuck on a hill for half a hour too! the Vee isnt a car suited for the snow i recon.....

MKIII 138
i always think im gonna get some winter tyre/alloys but then again its usuaklly 2-4days of the year and its not like your gonna get up at 5 in the morning jack up the car in all the snow and change the wheels is it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Can't believe how many other threads there are about crashing tonight! Feel for you all :dapprove:

I am in this club too,

360ed it on an ungritted country lane. passenger light cluster fu'cked, cracked wing and bumper, cracked grill and a small dent in boot i have no idea how i did. drives fine but rear passenger wheel bearing is a little noisy. busy day tomorrow.

Cupped 182 with Milltek
quote"i always think im gonna get some winter tyre/alloys but then again its usuaklly 2-4days of the year and its not like your gonna get up at 5 in the morning jack up the car in all the snow and change the wheels is it."

Dont change the tyres to suit mate,change in December / Jan then leave them on until April,they are performance tyres, so still able to get a lot out of the car,there is slightly more roll on the sidewall as it's softer than the exalto, but given that there is more wet weather grip and better grip in freezing temp's than a summer performance tyre it's not purely a snow tyre.rather suffer a bit more roll on thr road than roll off it.

320d
Sorry to hear mate, at least it is only a wheel.

What is the best thing to do in a realy slow slide in the snow then? I just normally brake lightly, seems to help.

Obviously in a normal skid situation you wouldn't brake, you would use the throttle to try and get the fronts to grip again however in the snow there isnt any grip available atall.

Better than yours. C*nt.
No issues at all here in the Audi, although I've banned the other half from going to work in the GTI today.