ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the vee's

just a fiew questions,

what are the running costs like for a vee- mpg,serviceing ect ect

is there much of a difference between the mk2 ph 1 and ph2? i kno the ph2 are 255 and ph1 230 and the interior ect but what makes the ph2 worth the extra money?

those of you that own one how much road presence does it actually have?

if you was going to get one to keep as a classic car and wasnt bothered about having to sell it on would u be better of getting a professionally fixed cat d or somthing?

cheers

mofo.

Engles Mummy
Hi,

I have a mk2 v6 (the better model) and my running costs are -

Full tank £45-50/200-220 miles

Tires are about £180 fronts, £240 rear (each)

The car only gets expensive if you crash it (like Colin did) or if you start abusing it. Because as much as everyone thinks the v6 is almighty & powerful, its not, it breaks easily and you can’t rag it like you would a 2.0 Clio.

Buy a cat D one regardless, same car just 2-4 grand cheaper.

Adam

Hi,

I have a mk2 v6 (the better model) and my running costs are -

Full tank £45-50/200-220 miles

Tires are about £180 fronts, £240 rear (each)

The car only gets expensive if you crash it (like Colin did) or if you start abusing it. Because as much as everyone thinks the v6 is almighty & powerful, its not, it breaks easily and you can’t rag it like you would a 2.0 Clio.

Buy a cat D one regardless, same car just 2-4 grand cheaper.

Adam

cherrs adam,

seems ok mpg wise, also with it being rear wheel drive is it very bad ion the wet?

so how much would i be looking at for a cat d vee?

A4 Avant
I think Subway is looking for about £14k for his mk2 and theres a mk1 on pistonheads for £8.5k.

Clio v6
wo, tires arnt cheap

Tyres are £146.70 each for rear and £152.00 each for front.

Many other much cheaper tyres around if you don't want the "proper" ones.

Cars need petrol to make them go. Some cars need more than others. If the cost of petrol is a concern, take the bus.

aye i kno,

how much do u love yours cat?

what would u change it for and are they that quick compared to other cars?

If you opt for a phase one I know of 1 for under £11k.

None Cat D
QS OMG Exhaust
Recaro Trendlines
CDA Airfilter
Kicker components
37k miles
FSH
had the cambelt done and 36k service by GDI last month
has wheels booked in for refurb (no curbing just paint peeling)
has new discs / pads waiting to go on

Looks like this.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/andyibiza/v6fro.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/andyibiza/clio008.jpg

Owner is buying a E46 BMW M3 and getting an S3 company car so can't warrent keeping the Clio V6 though he loves it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If you opt for a phase one I know of 1 for under £11k.

None Cat D
QS OMG Exhaust
Recaro Trendlines
CDA Airfilter
Kicker components
37k miles
FSH
had the cambelt done and 36k service by GDI last month
has wheels booked in for refurb (no curbing just paint peeling)
has new discs / pads waiting to go on

Looks like this.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/andyibiza/v6fro.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/andyibiza/clio008.jpg

Owner is buying a E46 BMW M3 and getting an S3 company car so can't warrent keeping the Clio V6 though he loves it.

that is VERY nice! :cool:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
20mpg, 30mpg on a long nun-drive run. If you care about MPG - this is 100% NOT the right car for you.

Servicing normal, every 12k or 2 years. Tyres, (mines a Mk1) £50-£150 a corner depending how much you value your handling.

Road presence - like nothing I've ever known - people WILL take photos of you with their phones.

I prefer the looks of the Mk1 - the Mk2 is safer *yawn* and on the road there is nothing in it performance wise. Mk2 interior is like a queen's stateroom compared to the Mk1 - which is a bit crap, but does the job. Subway is only selling buy a Cat D cos he's trying to sell one. Personally I would never buy a Cat D - but that would have to be your call. You'll really struggle to sell it on afterwards. This time of the year, you can get a tidy Mk1 for £11k, and a tidy Mk2 for £15-16k - depending on mileage.

If you get a MK1 - make sure the belt has been done, 5 years or 72k and it's £1,000 job. Same Mk2, but none are due yet - the 03 platers willl be soon though, factor that into the price.

Dan