ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The track/race look

Countryman JCW
im off to the nurburgring this summer with some friends, and at the moment i have a ph1 172 completley standard, im going to be savin money between now and when i go to the ring (July time), and with this want to upgrade my brakes and suspension for it, but im looking to make my car look at bit more racey (if there is such a description). To do this i think the wheels need to be changed.....

has anyone got any pictures of clio's they have seen or own that have this kinda track look about them with black/white wheels so i can get an idea about what wheels to buy.........

Cheers:)

IMO mate you are better saving that money and going on some track days in the UK so that you go to the 'ring with a car that you know and understand on the track.

Countryman JCW
Well this is just it, everyone seems to have the Turini's?!?!

So was kinda looking for some other ideas, but i do agree they are a nice looking wheel and defo well suited to the Clio!

Any pics of other wheels on Clios would be appreciated!

Lots of Alfas
Some inspiration.

rall_979.jpg

rall_631.jpg

rall_599.jpg

rall_248.jpg

rech06_075_P4292247.jpg

image039.jpg

Evo 6, E92 320d
If you've got a little knowledge you can do them yourself, otherwise about £40 per wheel.

Qashcow
35mm on Apex springs, im a cheapskate and cant be doing with coilovers. spent about £250 tops to get it looking like it is so far so cant go wrong with that...

depends how much you want to spend on the car, some UK trackdays would be a good idea as already said or some eibach sportine springs/some coilovers, a brake kit- brembo discs and some better pads with braded lines + a fluid change, good tyres, maybe even some solid top mounts and camber bolts and a good geometry set up.

My car from the summer -

MarkFish10Large.gif

Countryman JCW
lovely car mate, what you done to that?

more pics would be appreciated if anyone has any!

Renault 5 GT Turbo
My personal advise would be just go with a standard car.... you will find the limits of your driving before the limits of your car..... more so when driving the Ring.

TBH you want to make sure you have decent tyres on the car, that your brakes are very good.... (worth taking a set of pads with you) give your car a mini service before going... Change of Fluids oil filter etc, clean or replace air filter.... oh maybe worth doing a coolant flush.

You could do with a suspension drop... alot of people go for coilovers... i just went for a Koni Sport kit... lowers 40mm and pretty good set up.... i have never fealt the need for coilovers.... but every1 is different.

You could just paint your wheels yourself, there is a guide on how to refurb the wheels yourself on here...

Body work wise you could have stickers all over it.... or plain... (avoid bolt on crap like air vents and spoilers)

So if you take the above advise you should have
Fresh Oil (gearbox included)
Fresh and Full Coolant levels
Fresh Brakes
Decent Tyres
Lowered car ... less body roll
Clean aggressive wheels...
Nice clean looking car

I treat the ring as a nice country lane than a race track....Its not really there to beat your personnal best time..... more important if its your first time!!

Just go there to have fun, enjoy the spirit of being there.... remember if you go off.... its gonna cost ya.....

Renault Clio 1.9 Si DTi
I know they aren't really "race style" but another example of white alloys.

27022008119.jpg

There 17" Lenso RS5 in white and chrome

b/g 182, meg tourer
get some practice on some uk tracks first.
i would keep the standard wheels and refurb them black or antharcite. also a tow eye will give you a slight 'track' look