ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Southwest monthly big meet at Exeter - 2nd friday of the month - 8:30pm

PB Clio 172
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, as long as the cords aren't exposed.

If I go with you Rob I can tell you when you've plugged in the compressor again ;)

Yeah that compressor haha it was so loud thought the engine had blown! Well u have a choice now but the 200 has a squeeky heater fan that will drive u up the wall lol

More people for the meet is never a good thing. Are we going to Weymouth this time Chippy chip chip?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Haha and I took it back to renault and there isn't any problem! Yeh right!

And Weymouth? You payin the fuel then lol. I think you mean Sidmouth ;)

And yeh fine to come with me to the RR day

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
3rd time lucky, yeh thats where I meant, all the places seem the same!

Big announcement people.

I shall be attending lol

does this mean we have to behave at our rebellious meets if some 'staff' will be attending this one lol

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I might see if I can make it provided K-Tec finally get round to delivering my new exhaust... I've been waiting over a week now and currently driving around with no rear silencer!

PB Clio 172
Its Exmouth oh yeah! Hope the weather is nice great drive down there

Yeah sure Mcgherkin jump in with me. Do u want me to pick u up at your house?

LY 172
Friday afternoon I'm buying a car in Guildford. But I'll be driving back down in the Clio. Will try and stop by if I'm not to late.

LY 172
No no. The 182 is still for sale. In the body shop end of the week to fix the door.
Looking for a white or RB 197 with recaro's under 40k miles atm.

PB Clio 172
Ah right they are very different cars mind but sure u know that

Glad u are keeping it Renaultsport though. Terms of hot hatches nothing beats it imo

LY 172
Yeah, I'm after a more subtle relaxed drive.

Been struggling with choices aswell. Very nearly bought a Mazda 3 MPS

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
If you were wanting a decent mpg, the 197 will probably be the same if not worse than the 182, I struggle to get above 30 ish, unless i try really hard and dont do above 65.
As for ride, you will probably decide that as standard that it sits to high and will get some h&r's on it. If you do come friday feel free to jump in for a ride, or any time.
But I cant fault them for being a decent place to be, and the reacaros are not uncomfortable even after 4 hours on a motorway!
Only thing with the 197, that I am sure you may have seen, is that the early ones had a rubbish gearing ratio, so 70 was nearly 4K in 6th, and they will probably de due belts on them.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Nooo, we all go into the Pub, have a good meal and chat s**t, and then if the weather's good (i.e. it's not bloody freezing!) we'll all drive down to Exmouth for pics/the fun of it.

FF RB 182
Nooo, we all go into the Pub, have a good meal and chat s**t, and then if the weather's good (i.e. it's not bloody freezing!) we'll all drive down to Exmouth for pics/the fun of it.

At 9 at night? Sounds good though, bit cold at moment though.

PB Clio 172
As in Plymouth lot sadly there is only 4 of us active members on cs from Plymouth. Nothing goes on down this end that I know of but the Exeter meets are a great way to get the southwest lot together. Last meet we had about 9 cars and about 10-12 people

Clio 182
hey all thinking about coming, new to the forum so would be cool to meet some of the southwest lot! am i correct in assuming it would be going on this friday, also hope you wouldn't be offended if i didn't eat, 8:30 is well late for my dindins lol!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, it's this friday, also no worries about not eating, although you will have to go through the torture of seeing all the food coming out and none of it being for you ;)

182 Cup
It's ok I usually eat at home n save my coffers for fuel, might actually turn up to this one......and on time!! ;)

182 Cup
There's a meet at Taunton harvester every 2nd Saturday.......I think, someone will correct me/provide a linky.

PB Clio 172
Don't worry if you don't know anyone. About 8 months ago I only knew 1 person from cs then I went to the Exeter meet and I must have met over 20 or so members since then. They are all so friendly and as they say, you have to start somewhere, we did

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
you do realise its going to be bloody freezing at Exmouth? If I make it, i'm not doing that standing outside s**t in minus degrees centigrade! lol