ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Southwest monthly big meet at Exeter - 2nd friday of the month - 8:30pm

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I will be bringing some bottles of that Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels stuff everyone is raving about. Any one want any?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I will be bringing some bottles of that Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels stuff everyone is raving about. Any one want any?

depends, how much more are you charging (compared to the Tesco price)? im in tiverton tomorrow so don't want to be paying more than retail :)

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I got it at the Tesco price...

Tesco don't do it anymore at that price as I just went in there when I got fuel. :(

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Just got back, was a good meet. Exmouth was good, thanks for letting me try out the 200 Ed. I was thinking about it on the way home, it is a very nice place to be - much more refined than the 182. Like you said, you cant really compare the two; they are two different beasts entirely.

Forgot I had the traction control off when going to overtake that lorry on the way back, the front end was slipping all over the place! lol.

Those that got CSSW stickers, post a pic up when you put them on :) Someone asked if they were inside of outside stickers and I don think I answered; they are inside window stickers ;) Make sure your glass in clean before applying.

p.s, thanks for the wheel cleaner Alex :)

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Good evening folks ;) Exmouth wasn't too bad really even with the weather lol. Still T-shirt weather!

See you all at the next one, I'll bring the 1.2 next time so James doesn't feel left out lol.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yes, was a good meet all :) shame about the weather :(

No problem mate, thanks for the drive of yours, I think another RS will be in the driveway instead, just losing me a little less money haha! Yeh it is a nice place to be, everything is just, easier so to speak as they are all electronic and slightly more effortless, making long journeys a doddle to.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
8pm sound good?

Yes, was a good meet all :) shame about the weather :(

No problem mate, thanks for the drive of yours, I think another RS will be in the driveway instead, just losing me a little less money haha! Yeh it is a nice place to be, everything is just, easier so to speak as they are all electronic and slightly more effortless, making long journeys a doddle to.

What extra electronics does the 200 have? Obviously keyless entry + start, electric folding mirrors? Is the clutch electronically aided in anyway because it was very light and smooth to operate!?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Not sure if im honest, mine dosent have folding mirrors, just electrically adjustable.
There is probably a wealth of extra electronics hidden around, so i wouldn't be surprised if they are aided, the throttle is electronic now, no more cable, so I wouldnt be surprised if the clutch is also aided.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
;)

By the way Fatty, that engine bay is beautiful.

Thanks :) Will put some pics up soon in the media section so others can have a look + get ideas. Did you get your sticker off Ed or is he saving it for his next?

Not sure if im honest, mine dosent have folding mirrors, just electrically adjustable.
There is probably a wealth of extra electronics hidden around, so i wouldn't be surprised if they are aided, the throttle is electronic now, no more cable, so I wouldnt be surprised if the clutch is also aided.

Throttle has been electric since the 172ph2 :p I have the auto-headlights, auto-wipers, cruise-control, climate control etc. Obviously not the keyless stuff. Does the 200 come with things like Bluetooth enabled stereo / built in car kit? And is the computer anymore advanced than then 182? (i.e, does it give realtime data on your centre dash screen?) I could probably find this out by searching, but i'm just being lazy as your on hand with the info :p

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks :) Will put some pics up soon in the media section so others can have a look + get ideas. Did you get your sticker off Ed or is he saving it for his next?

Yeah, got it fine, cheers.

Does the 200 come with things like Bluetooth enabled stereo / built in car kit? And is the computer anymore advanced than then 182? (i.e, does it give realtime data on your centre dash screen?) I could probably find this out by searching, but i'm just being lazy :p

Optional extras IIRC, RS monitor comes on a 200 doesn't it? If not I'm sure you'll be able to cobble something together which can lol.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I didnt know that!
Haha yeh pretty much the standard stuff with auto wiperes, lights and climate. Trip computer has average mpg, average speed, miles to service, total miles, miles done since service (kinda double up) miles since last reset (after fuel stop) miles left in tank. Bluetooth did come but depended on the radio, there is a different specced radio with bluetooth. The RS Monitor, if fitted (a bigger clock screen) would give you calculated oil temps, throttle, braking and g readings, i think. Someone on 197/200.net was retrofitting it, but its more of a gimmicky toy that actually useful accurate data.

Im not 100% sure on the above, but most of it seems about right

Although I have a separate headunit, with bluetooth, iPhone and Nav units attached.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I didnt know that!
Haha yeh pretty much the standard stuff with auto wiperes, lights and climate. Trip computer has average mpg, average speed, miles to service, total miles, miles done since service (kinda double up) miles since last reset (after fuel stop) miles left in tank. Bluetooth did come but depended on the radio, there is a different specced radio with bluetooth. The RS Monitor, if fitted (a bigger clock screen) would give you calculated oil temps, throttle, braking and g readings, i think. Someone on 197/200.net was retrofitting it, but its more of a gimmicky toy that actually useful accurate data.

Im not 100% sure on the above, but most of it seems about right

Although I have a separate headunit, with bluetooth, iPhone and Nav units attached.

Computer sounds like the one we have on our TCE, which would make sense. I must of had my eyes closed when I got into it because I don't recollect the stereo at all! I'm going to have a word with the other half tomorrow, but I don't think she's going to say yes :( one can dream though lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Computer sounds like the one we have on our TCE, which would make sense. I must of had my eyes closed when I got into it because I don't recollect the stereo at all! I'm going to have a word with the other half tomorrow, but I don't think she's going to say yes :( one can dream though lol

His stereo flips out of the dash, it's a TV screen one.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
His stereo flips out of the dash, it's a TV screen one.

I completely missed that lol. I would like to put a touch screen in mine coupled with a win8 based in car computer (as its better for touch applications than win7). Could have the RSTuner hooked up all the time then :p trouble is, there's not really a suitable place to put a screen in the 182. The 172 dash allowed for a double din, but no such luck in the 182.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I completely missed that lol. I would like to put a touch screen in mine coupled with a win8 based in car computer (as its better for touch applications than win7). Could have the RSTuner hooked up all the time then :p trouble is, there's not really a suitable place to put a screen in the 182. The 172 dash allowed for a double din, but no such luck in the 182.

Nice meeting all you guys!

Question, how do the 172 and 182 dashes differ since one allows double din and one doesn't?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182

My unit is a kenwood 494kvt DVD. I did have a look into seeing if it was possible to get the code for the head unit, then tweak the Bluetooth display to pick up an OBD unit and then display realtime data from the car. But couldn't find it anywhere. My guess is that it will be fairly heavily locked down. But perhaps with more knowledge than mine and some tweaking it might be possible.
Mine only covers up the climate controls. So as long as the temp is set comfortably for you then it's fine. I have small and nimble enough diners to reach the fan speed behind if I need to.

PB Clio 172
One from last night..

56513C98-4687-4052-9B92-1849467E11B6-136-00000006E4D21984_zps85ae16e5.jpg

Nice wet pic there lol was way too wet for pics in Exmouth

Was a good meet and good to meet some new peps too. Shame the car park was so busy I was parked round the corner. Shame about the rain in Exmouth but see you all at the next one and hope the sun will shine !!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Nice meeting all you guys!

Question, how do the 172 and 182 dashes differ since one allows double din and one doesn't?

They don't. The dash is exactly the same.

I thought so... What's TheFatty on about with the 172 being able to have DD but not the 182?

No idea.

The factory satnav replaced the clock and the little cubby bolt on the top of the dash

Sorry not the 172s, the Mk2 Ph1s. i.e:
dscf00125ns.jpg

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
that's a super clean black car example! the reflection of the albi in the first pic is amazing! Bet it didn't stay like that long though! lol.

PB Clio 172
why thank you man ! :)

we both know almost nothing about taking photos but we did our best and have positive comments which is really cool ! I cleaned both cars with Ed's help before the shoot and the sun popped too!

Well I help clean Ed's car (once a month !!!) ;)