ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Southwest monthly big meet at Exeter - 2nd friday of the month - 8:30pm

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Well it's subject to weather. If its raining not going to be much point.

Still need to clean the thing and gets plymcl's approval lol.

Or we have to drive faster lol

Last edited:
  PB Clio 172
ha ha I like it how you have to make sure your car is clean before I see it lol
all done now was a good afternoon, nice quick clean and some good pics. Look forward to seeing them Ed

yeah will see you lot there from 7pm not sure about the pics now and the weather may be gash by tonight

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Only because you complain when its dirty! lol
THanks for your help! they are uploading now, so will be a while yet!

​See you at 7!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I should be coming. I will be bring my dB meter with me so if you want your exhuast messured let me know :)

Whats the plan for tonight? not sure if I should bring my camera as well?

PB Clio 172
Be good to see you the fatty

Like chip said no harm in bringing it I have the wax for u also. Hope the weather is nice not been to Exmouth this year

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I've only just got home from exeter, and given the fact that its awful weather and I'm fookin' starvin', I'm gonna give it a miss. Will hope to come to the next one, and if anyone is going, I will see you at the Mid Devon car show on May 18th.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Just got back, good times ;)

Me, Ed, Fatty and Rob (Plymcl) went to an underground car park to find it closed, then Fatty went his own way and the rest of us went and cruised back over Dartmoor through all the fog lol. RIP Bugs Bunny, left his mark on Rob's splitter though :dapprove:

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yep just got back myself about 15mins ago :) found the way out in the end! lol.

Thanks for the wax Plymcl/Ed, will be giving it the test on the next sunny day :) what happens if I really like it? Can I buy some for the source?

Shame the carpark was closed. Next time maybe we should meet a bit ealier and go for pics first?

p.s - is the splitter damaged?! He was just saying tonight how careful you need to be with the CF one!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
s**t, bet he was a bit pissed considering he didnt really want to go that way home anyway! My journey home was uneventful; stop in a layby to messure my exhuast noise level, which came out to 76dbA on idle (could test 5Krmp as extra pair of hands needed!).

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
I just got home myself!

Needless to say the DCi performed faultlessly. Really do love that car, so easy to drive and perfect for long trips! Barely have to change gear thanks to the torque it's got!

Pleasure to gate crash your meet. Thanks for the kind words on my little shed build. :)

PB Clio 172
s**t, bet he was a bit pissed considering he didnt really want to go that way home anyway! My journey home was uneventful; stop in a layby to messure my exhuast noise level, which came out to 76dbA on idle (could test 5Krmp as extra pair of hands needed!).

pretty annoyed I am but oh well. I could of split it on a humped bridge aswell not sure been so careful but it had to happen some time

good meet and drive people

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Good to see everyone again, just shame about the weather :(

@ Plymcl - Shame about the splitter mate, over the humped bridge I hit those f@cking bolts again! exhaust is blowing like mad again. Car looks fairly clean still as well which is surprising.

@ Fatty - its only test stuff to find the best combination for a good wax, that I get given to test, and then pass it on to others ;)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Good to see everyone again, just shame about the weather :(

@ Plymcl - Shame about the splitter mate, over the humped bridge I hit those f@cking bolts again! exhaust is blowing like mad again. Car looks fairly clean still as well which is surprising.

@ Fatty - its only test stuff to find the best combination for a good wax, that I get given to test, and then pass it on to others ;)

Is it a compression/u clamp? cant you just rotate it so the bolts face sideways instead of down?

I give you a hand in return for testing mine.

Yeah no problems. Can do it at the next meet if you like?

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Is it a compression/u clamp? cant you just rotate it so the bolts face sideways instead of down?

Umm its just a standard U clamp that sits over the top of the new centre pipe and original exhaust pipe. But the bolts that hold the clamp tight are the lowest point underneath the car, so they catch if anything is to low and then pulls it, causing it to come loose and start blowing again. Might as well take the thing off and have the exhaust finish just after the cat lol

Was going to see about having it all fully welded but cba

Umm its just a standard U clamp that sits over the top of the new centre pipe and original exhaust pipe. But the bolts that hold the clamp tight are the lowest point underneath the car, so they catch if anything is to low and then pulls it, causing it to come loose and start blowing again. Might as well take the thing off and have the exhaust finish just after the cat lol

Was going to see about having it all fully welded but cba

Welding is a potential, I never leave a clamp facing down if its the lowest point, I tend to have them at a 90' angle to the floor

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Welding is a potential, I never leave a clamp facing down if its the lowest point, I tend to have them at a 90' angle to the floor

Welding would be nice, but then it is slightly irreversible, not that I think its an issue. When I get a chance I intend to chop the ends of the bots off to try and stop it happening.

I thought its what Audi drivers did? Lol

Audi drivers are 6 inches off the back bumper ;)
and BMW's dont come with indicators :p